What different rubs do you use

Slap Yo Daddy BBQ Classes

k walsh

TVWBB Super Fan
What a pleasure to be able to pick your brain!!!!
What different rubs or rub ingredients do you use for ribs, chicken and brisket?

Thanks
Ken

I use 7 different rubs and 4 sauces for my KCBS process. Each is custom blended to bring out the flavor profile of the meat. I've spent countless hours experimenting to get the combination that CBJs find pleasing. The fun about this sport is that it's always changing. For example, fruity sauces worked in 2008 but didn't for us in 2009. I've redone my chicken, butt, and brisket recipes for 2010. We tried them out yesterday and came in 10th in a field of about 80 teams. Back to the drawing board until we come in 1st. If you want a good all round rub recipe, go to my website and look under Recipes.
Good luck Ken!

Thanks Harry!!!!

I will lookup your website.

Good luck in your competitions.

Looking forward to spring up here in the frozen north so I can get serious about making some smoke!!!!!

You can do decent Q in the oven in your kitchen. Here a secret tip for oven ribs. Spray some liquid smoke and apply a little Morton tenderquick on your meat before you sprinkle on your rub. Roast in oven at 300 degrees for 2 hours. Cover in foil with 1/2 cup apple juice. Check for tenderness at 3 1/2 mark. Brush with BBQ sauce and char on our stove top grill pan. Better than freezing outside!

Back