Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's All About The Ratios

I learned (well kind of learned) when I stared making breads. Converting percentages to grams I found I could make adjustments to get the flavor I was looking for. But again as has been mentioned my adjustments might be good for the flavor profile I'm looking for but not what someone else would like. So to me ratios are pretty much a personal preference thing.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

TVWBB All-Star Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Rich, when I come and visit, I will be happy to provide (what I feel are) the proper proportions for a delightful perfect Manhattan! I promise! Cherry optional, just to be clear.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy F. Lewis View Post
    Rich, when I come and visit, I will be happy to provide (what I feel are) the proper proportions for a delightful perfect Manhattan! I promise! Cherry optional, just to be clear.

OMG I haven't had a Manhattan in at least 25 years. When my aunt used to come out to California from Chicago to visit my dad and me a Manhattan or two was mandatory before dinner. I used to have them at home occasionally and why I stopped making them I don't know.
    I think it was because Barb preferred gin martinis to the Manhattans.
    I know about proportions, when I make Barb a martini I take the cap off the vermouth and wave the bottle over the martini glass put the cap back on and that's all she wants and two olives please.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12