Hello from Berkeley

Loc

TVWBB Fan
Hi Everyone,

I'm an accidental Weber fan. Three years ago, my kids and I searched for a "stainless steel" cart on Craigslist so that we can use it for a lemonade stand. We stumbled across a $35 gen 1 Weber Performer with gas-assist. We all wondered, "What is that thing? Could we repurpose as our drink cart?"

I had planned to place plywood over the grate to serve as a display table for a jar of lemonade. The kids imagined they would use the charcoal bin to stash the bundles of cash from their sales. Neither of this happened, but after replacing the kettle, we now have a part-time lemonade stand and full-time grill (and permanent fans of Weber):

Three years later, I'm joining this forum b/c over the weekend I picked up this beast to refurb (and hoping to share my learnings and get the wisdom of the crowd):

It's fully functioning but can use TLC and new burners. It even came with an attachment (the canister beneath the lid handle in the picture) that again left me wondering, "What is that thing?" The previous owner said it was a "Smokemeister". More on that later after I do google research. For now, a new Smokemeister costs more than the $65 I paid for the Weber?!?? I'll start a new thread under Weber Gas Grills as I attempt to rehab the grill and decipher the Smokemeister.

Grill on folks,

Loc

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Loc. This is a great place to hangout and a great place to learn. Many of us have rehabbed different Weber grills. It is fun to do and they will give you a lifetime of cooking joy. Check out this link on how to post pics. Never be afraid to ask a question because when you are asking that question, there is probably someone else wondering the same thing. Congrats on that new Genesis and enjoy the rehab.

Looks like you tried to post them but nothing is showing, just a lot of blank space. Good Luck and keep trying.

I host photos on Google Photos. It d/n create a "bulletin board" embed code like Flickr does, but I finally figured it out (w/o having to move all my photos to Flickr/Photobucket/Imgur etc)

Back