Funniest BBQ Quotes?

Jay Wilson

Do you know funniest barbecue quotes like as "once you put my meat in your mouth you're going to want to swallow" ?

My wife's ex mother in law (don't ask) was here for a summer feast and took a bite of a pork loin I had grilled, "Ooh, Tim! I like your meat!" Then turned beet red! (This was just before she turned 90)

Not exactly a quote, but still cracks me up:

paul-noth-it-s-your-ribs-i-m-afraid-they-re-delicious-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg

My favorite is "If its smoking, it's cooking. If it's black, it's done!" Told several cooks that I used to work with that. In a sarcastic way, truth be told! ��

A little artistic licensing here: Two cannibals sitting around a camp fire (WSM), one says to the other, "You know, even after all these years I still don't like my brother-in-law." The other says, "Well, just eat the vegetables."

Phil: Pilsners ARE lagers... ; ' )

I gave this a minute's thought, wondered what the very first BBQ quote would have been...I determined "OUCH! THAT'S HOT!" came to mind.

Smells like fish, eat all you wish. Smells like cologne, leave it alone. Oh..... wait. errr. I think that was for something else.

Kidding aside, "If your'e lookin', you ain't cookin'". For the guy who checks his food every 45 seconds.

I like this one> I don't give a damn on how any one gets it done.
I only give a damn on how I get it done.:wsm:

Tim

Back