The New Faster ThermoPop

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.thermoworks.com/ThermoPop?tw=VWB

Use our link above to help support the forum!

ThermoWorks just made the ThermoPop even better! This awesome thermometer used to measure temps in 5-6 seconds, now it reads in just 3-4 seconds! And it still has all these great features from before:

• Rotating display
  • Left and right-handed use
  • Splash-proof design
  • Big easy-to-see digits
  • Handy backlight
  • Temp range: -58 to 572°F (-50 to 300°C)
  • Accurate to ±2°F (1°C)
  • Switchable °C/°F
  • 9 colors!
Only $29.00 ea. or 5-up for $24.00 ea.

Watch this ice bath video to see the new, super-fast ThermPop in action! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4tgleW8AxE

unnamed_zps9omxhfnm.jpg

just a thought... but if thermoworks keeps improving their lower priced therms, folks may stop buying the world famous Thermopen...

3 to 4 second reads is dang fast!

If these units get much faster, they're gonna warp the space/time continuum. (Just saw "Star Trek Beyond" today. :) )

Thanks for encouraging me to spend more money. I already had a ThermoPop, but dang about half the read time? Jim may be right about the ThermoPen.

Chris, if my wife sees one more Thermoworks box arrive I will be in trouble. Fed Ex always delivers them after dinner when she will answer the door. You posted the Dot, I ordered it. I needed a few more of the pro probes and ordered those. Now I will have to order a new thermopop and give the one I have a one of my daughters. Add to that the two Thermopens I have. To paraphrase an add from SoCal, your killin me Chris. Gota have our toy's.

It figures, I bought one 3 weeks ago. I will say this however, it reads faster than the advertised 5-6 seconds. I like it.

I guess this explains why a recent "open box" sale included brand-new Thermopops at a great price, moving out the last of the originals before announcing Generation 2. I'm very happy with the one I got. The faster response time would be nice, but 2 or 3 seconds doesn't justify buying a new one. The fact that I don't have one of each color, however...

Seriously, if you're interested in Thermoworks goodies, get on their email list. They do have some good sales. I think I got my two Thermopops for $17 each plus $3.99 shipping (if I remember correctly).

Last edited:

Back