Butcher paper.

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
I want to order some butcher paper for smoking a brisket, Amazon price seems high. Does anyone have any good places to order the peach unlined paper for a decent price? Is the Amazon price out of line?

Thank.

Thanks Bob I may pull the trigger on that.

Jim, it said treated and that threw me off. Have you used this stuff?

Thanks.
yes, it's the same stuff Aaron Franklin uses at his joint in Austin Texas.
Amazon's price is outrageous! Same stuff, skyhigher prices!

brisket9.jpg

brisket10.jpg

brisket10a.jpg

brisket12.jpg

brisket11.jpg

Last edited:
Jim, I understand what you mean, but it is really only a $1.00 difference. My $39.00 price includes 2nd day air with prime and yours is $38.00 with the $20.00 shipping. Looked at both and figured go with the link for the site and the site gets a cut or wait for the other to show. No big deal either way. But you are right, some things on Amazon are overprice but when I look at shipping and ease of ordering I just give in. Again, not a big deal in the long run. Besides, I tend to be impatient sometimes. One of many character flaws I know I have.

yes, it's the same stuff Aaron Franklin uses at his joint in Austin Texas.
Amazon's price is outrageous! Same stuff, skyhigher prices!

You are right Bob, I did miss that. My sincerest apologies to Jim. Thanks for catching that Bob. Sometimes my keyboard is a little to quick. In other words, my mind needs to pay better attention to the details.

Bob,
I think you missed that it's 150 feet vs 700 feet for a dollar less. :)

Thanks guys I ordered the 700'. I saw webstaruant's ad but was nervous about what I was getting, thank you very much for clearing that up.

I bought mine from POSpaper. I'd link to it but they hate free advertising.
I got a roll from POS too, and remember them complaining to Chris about a link to their site that was posted here.
And yet I get an email in my spam box from them a few times a year.

The POSpaper is $53 for 24"x1000' but shipping is free. I'm not sure if it works out better or not. I'm not 100% certain its the exact same as what you get from webrestaurantstore. Franklin uses Counterkraft paper from GP Packaging and there are different companies that sell it. Webrestarauntstore seems to carry that one and the amazon paper from Oren-international seems to be the same. I dunno if POS Paper red butcher paper is the same or not but it works. I guess I could call them. The only problem is I have this GIGANTIC roll of butcher paper in the house. I use it a lot but it'll probably last me forever.

Last edited:
The prices for webstaraunt and POS are almost identical per foot, with a very slightly cheaper advantage to webstaraunt, I figure 700' will last me a few years.

I ordered yesterday and it's shipped already.

I was surprised how hard it was to find in an actual store. No one carried it around here.

Thanks again Jim.

I've been wanting to get some, but I was always told you want untreated. anyone with any insight?

You want paper that does not have a plastic coating on one side, like freezer paper. "Treated" may not mean plastic coated...Jim should be able to confirm that the paper he linked to is not coated...it does not appear to be, given the photos he posted.

I've been wanting to get some, but I was always told you want untreated. anyone with any insight?

I'd like to know as well. Sub'd.

You want paper that does not have a plastic coating on one side, like freezer paper. "Treated" may not mean plastic coated...Jim should be able to confirm that the paper he linked to is not coated...it does not appear to be, given the photos he posted.

Correct! Treated butcher paper is the PLAIN 40lb butcher paper everyone is looking for.
A great deal for $18!
Considering the size and the weight of the roll, shipping cost of $20 is justifiable.

Bruno, when you receive your roll, you will LOVE it. However, with a roll of 700 feet, you'll may also want to purchase a roll holder/cutter.
I purchased an antique paper cutter to hold the large roll i bought, since it'll be seen everyday.

Back