Kettle Pizza Deep Dish

Nate Frost

TVWBB All-Star
I've been cooking deep dish pie for a while now but using a standard American style pizza dough. Now that I am more serious about my pizza doughs, I decided to duplicate a Malnati's deep dish. This is last nights dinner. Turned out great but my next one will be changed up with, maybe less Semolina. This was also cooked in a 10" CI Lodge skillet. I'm picking up a deep dish pan today to test out.

Flour/Semolina blend *** (75% KAAP/25% Semolina) 8.5 oz
Water (47%)
ADY (.75%)
Salt (.5%)
Olive Oil (5%)
Corn Oil (18%)
Butter/Margarine (1%)

I precooked the sausage
image_204.jpeg

Dough on the counter for a couple hours to get up to room temp
image_205.jpeg

image_207.jpeg

image_206.jpeg

image_208.jpeg

image_209.jpeg

image_212.jpeg

Off the grill
image_213.jpeg

image_214.jpeg

image_215.jpeg

I always enjoy viewing your pizza threads, Nate. That deep dish is a work of art...love the underside shot of the browned crust.

Nate, your deep dish is a work of art. The crust is perfect (gonna copy it), and the pics are beautiful! I've never done deep dish, but after seeing yours, I'm going to this weekend. I was trying to figure out what to do this weekend, now I know. Thanks!

Pizza looks great, as usual. Just curious if you've been browsing through pizzamaking.com? When I was trying to perfect my dough thats where I found most of the info. Keep up the great work and keep posting the pictures.

Outstanding job on that pizza Nate. Rich and I have done deep dish pizza's in the oven but not on the pizza kettle. Have to give that one a try in the CIS real soon. Thanks for sharing.

Back