Summit 670 Rusting

*Matt*

TVWBB Fan
it didn't take long for my 670-S to start rusting on the doors - after a call to Weber they were eager to replace the doors. As usual their warranty pulls through once again. The one complaint i do have is they refused to replace with black doors stating it was an upgrade and would void my warranty. I suppose Weber and I will go around and round with replacing doors if this happens again.

Out of curiosity, how old is your summit? I've noticed the chrome peeling off my tool holders & door handles. Need to call Weber...mines the 670-e & is a 2014

Norton sorry I have been offline for a bit - mine is a 2015 model picked up in August of 15. I just had my 2nd set of doors replaced but this time they agreed to send the powder coated doors. We moved the grill in May/Jun to our new house so I don't believe it to be environmentally in relation house, sprinklers or the pool (chlorine based).

I suspect the new doors will not have the issue -

Hi Mat,

Thanks for getting back to me on this, I've now had the following replaced under warranty:

tool holders,
door handles,
lid handle as the collars were peeling

TBH for a Grill of this price (UK) I have to say that I'm less than impressed with the cheaply chromed components on the grill. So far my doors seem fine, but then I only have a steel trim as the doors & lid are powder coated. Hopefully there won't be too many other issues.

I noticed while replacing the doors this weekend that the handles, took hangers are all pitting bad so I have new ones on the way as well as both side tables -

I have asked for a new lid but they have stated surface rust isn't covered only rust through - seems to be hit or miss with the agents. I will try Noxon 7 cleaner as they suggest and if no resolution they will receive another call. Very frustrating-

Why with the Summits are they all not SS as were the previous models. (Well nearly all parts) They cost a bomb new.
I am currently restoring a near current model 650. It is nowhere near the previous Platinum model in quality of gear.
I wonder what the new Summits will be

Yep and the the old Platinum models are nowhere near as well built as the original Summit models (older 400 and 600 series). Really with all the parts on newer Weber grills being made more cheaply (thinner metal, inferior material and even imported from China) there is no reason to spend the boku bucks Weber has no problem asking now.

Back