Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: HeaterMeter Hardware v4.3.3

Alternative Parts

So unfortunately I didn't see the discussion on the replacement header before I placed my order. Here are the parts that were unavailable to me yesterday and the parts I chose instead. Anyone see issues with them? I think everything will work, but someone more knowledgeable might save me some headache before I go to solder it together when it arrives. If these components work, we can update the wiki with additional alternatives too.

Value Device Parts MPN MPN Replacement
    100u/25 CPOL-USE2.5-6 C4 UPW1E101MED UPW1E101MED1TA
    8k2 R-US_0204/7 R9 291-8.2K-RC CFS1/4CT52R822J
    LCD1F, LCD2F PINHD-1X5 F JP1, JP8 960105-6303-AR 801-87-005-10-005101

Those should all work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_M View Post
    Those should all work fine.
    Thanks Steve. I'll confirm once I've built my first HM and verify this!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.Flagler View Post
    Thanks Steve. I'll confirm once I've built my first HM and verify this!
    All of those components did in fact work as expected. Do you know if the wiki is something anyone can update or is that controlled by Bryan?

TVWBB Honor Circle Bryan Mayland's Avatar
    Anyone can edit it I think but I've just made the changes with the alternate part numbers. Does the 1TA suffix on the capacitor mean that it came on a piece of paper tape for feeding into a machine?

And thanks for finding the parts and reporting back, I'm sure those will be helpful for others!
    I'm that HeaterMeter guy what ruins everybody's free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Mayland View Post
    Anyone can edit it I think but I've just made the changes with the alternate part numbers. Does the 1TA suffix on the capacitor mean that it came on a piece of paper tape for feeding into a machine?

And thanks for finding the parts and reporting back, I'm sure those will be helpful for others!
    Based on the datasheet it looks like 1TA is some type of taping code, but I'm no expert!

TVWBB Honor Circle Bryan Mayland's Avatar
    I've published the updated 4.3 case with support for Pi3A+. There are also a couple of minor changes:
    • Raspberry Pi 3A+ option
    • Less round nuttraps for straight-only overhang. The old nuttrap tops had their corner radius extend over the insertion holes, which meant it was not only a bridge, but the curved part was unsupported as well. Now the curved part is supported and the overhang is a straight bridge which prints much cleaner. The old curved corner would just be a blotch of drippy filament.
    • Corner radius now a function of wall thickness for consistent thickness at corners. The curves were always 4mm radius before so the thickness of the wall along the curves would be inconsistent for any wall size other than ~2.5mm. It now scales with wall thickness to stay roughly "wall" thick through the corner.
    • Removed pin cutout by LCD. The LCD pins are even shorter than the shift register pins so there's no need to make extra space for them. Even if the pins are inserted completely incorrectly, they can still be snipped off to fit without the extra space in the case.
    I'm that HeaterMeter guy what ruins everybody's free time.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718