Finding lots of discontinued Weber items lately

Jeff MA

TVWBB All-Star
My Daughter plays Ice Hockey and we are constantly traveling around the New England region. When I have some spare time I stop and check out the local hardware stores for Weber accessories and lately I've been seeing some rather unique older items.

Starting with this:
A Weber Grill-out-handle light

CP8xz7g.jpg

Same store some Weber Cast Iron Grates:

g5uYdfI.jpg

I found a grey propane tank cover for my Weber Flame 27000 here too.

and the last store I visited had two of the #9890 Rotisserie sitting on the shelf.

ZsTWNmD.jpg

The last store was well stocked with older Weber Genesis accessories, gauges, burners, flavorizer bars. Good to see some places still supporting the older Weber's.

Jeff

Last edited:
My brother just took over as GM of an Ace Hardware store in a small Northern California town after a 25 year career at Costco. I toured the store with him and was amazed at the overstock and NIB stuff they have...they have stuff they don't even know they have! Probably not a great way to run a business (part of the reason he was brought in, I think) but you'll find some Weber oldies but goodies at these stores if you look hard enough! :)

Chris,
Now you got my interests piqued...
Is there anyway to find out exactly what he has Weber-wise?

There are some older items I would love to purchase.

Jeff

I look everywhere I can! I don't seem to have much luck one day I will find a bunch and only have a bicycle to get it home from the Lake Superior shore!

Stopped by the place that had the Rotisserie's last year...no longer on the shelf. Too bad, I might have picked one up just to have.
Jeff

My brother just took over as GM of an Ace Hardware store in a small Northern California town after a 25 year career at Costco. I toured the store with him and was amazed at the overstock and NIB stuff they have...they have stuff they don't even know they have! Probably not a great way to run a business (part of the reason he was brought in, I think) but you'll find some Weber oldies but goodies at these stores if you look hard enough! :)
I worked for a container company back in the 80's they hadn't done inventory in years (if ever) It took more than a month to complete the inventory. There were lost containers for sure, but there were containers they had no idea they had and what was in them. Like a 1913 Willy's 3/4 ton utility truck! (chain driven) It was funny, I offered them $500 for the Willy's but they never got back to me on that...

Checked in at a couple stores today. With all the talk lately about 2000-2001 Weber Gold's and Platinum's I found these gems, 3 sets of 9913 Weber Stainless Flavorizer Bars-

FUVZyju.jpg

at the same place I also found 4 sets of these Weber Stainless #7538 Flavorizer bars for the 1000-5000 series Genesis grills.

hC1KeFT.jpg

Jeff

Chris,
Now you got my interests piqued...
Is there anyway to find out exactly what he has Weber-wise?

There are some older items I would love to purchase.

Jeff
I apologize, I never saw your question!

I still don't know if he's ever tackled the overstock issue. I'll have to ask next time we talk. Right now, they're busy just trying to serve the community and stay in business during these difficult times of pandemic.

How much were those #7538 flavo bars? Those are getting really tough to find. Even aftermarket is drying up.

I apologize, I never saw your question!

I still don't know if he's ever tackled the overstock issue. I'll have to ask next time we talk. Right now, they're busy just trying to serve the community and stay in business during these difficult times of pandemic.

Chris,
Thanks for thinking of me.
Keep me in mind if you find any goodies.
Jeff
PS: Talk to you in 2024 ;)

They would have to be pretty negotiable. You can get RCP flavo bars for less.

Although Ace stores still carry the Weber line, some are selling off all old inventory as Jeff found, and except for a few saleable grills they instead prefer to order only and not keep inventory in stock. 1 Smokefire at the old price and according to my wife no interest in it. I've seen quite a few out here carrying and promoting other lines harder, like Napoleon and Traeger. My Performer had to be ordered. Even the local TV carries more Weber product. I wish they'd make a better Masterbuilt! Local WM had one today for $447.

Bob,
This place was an old Agway with plenty of older product lines with stickers so old and faded from being there for years. Most of the products had writing in magic marker on them for prices which is why I think deals could be had if inquired.

Jeff

I am in Northern California. What town did your brother take over the Ace Hardware store in?

Back