Rotisserie for WSM 22"

DBono

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi All I was thinking about a Rotisserie for my 22 WSM Which one to get? How to use it? Is it worth it?
Thanks Dan

Hi Dan
yes, it's worth it.
If you also have a 22 inch kettle, you certainly want to buy the cajun bandit reversible rotisserie

It's made of stainless steel, it's priced at 150
you can use it both on your weber smoky mountain cooker & your 22 inch Weber kettle

Check out this link http://cajunbandit.com/rotisserie/

I guess I didn't explain how you can use it
The skies the limit with a rotisserie and your smoker
Checkout this link
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?55384-Two-Hour-Fifteen-Minute-Spares&highlight=Spinning
And this link
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?56735-TwoDozenWings&highlight=Rotisserie+wings

Last edited:
Gotta X2 for Jim Lampe's post.

To my knowledge, Cajun Bandit is the only commercial source for a rotisserie ring for the 22.5 WSM.
They make a first quality product. Beautiful craftsmanship.

And what's even better... you will love the food you cook with the rotisserie. Worth every penny!

Hi Dan
yes, it's worth it.
If you also have a 22 inch kettle, you certainly want to buy the cajun bandit reversible rotisserie

It's made of stainless steel, it's priced at 150
you can use it both on your weber smoky mountain cooker & your 22 inch Weber kettle

Hi All I don't have a 22" kettle just the WSM 22"..
I've seen a few rotisseries for less $. What makes the Cajun Bandit so much better?
So to use the rotisserie remove the water pan, light a layer of charcoal and off I go? At what temps does the rotiesserie cook at, seams like the meat is far away form the heat.
Thanks for the fast replies.
Dan

I have a Cajun Bandit rotisserie ring and the seal is very tight which is great. I can't speak about how well any other product will fit but, as with all things, you often get what you pay for.

As far as temps go, you can run a rotisserie at any temp you like and you can use the rotisserie with our without the water pan in place. It just depends on whether you want to run direct heat or indirect. Just light your fire the way you normally would and give it a try. I recommend doing a pork loin as your first rotisserie cook. It's an affordable item and doesn't take too long to cook. You can inject it if you like and give it a good layer of seasoning. Then, take it for a spin either direct or indirect at about 275°F - 300°F until you reach an internal temp of about 145°F. Take the whole spit off the rotisserie and let the meat rest under a layer of foil. I like to leave the spit in place until the rest is complete. Slice to your desired thickness and enjoy! Apple, cherry or peach are good fruit woods to try or, if you want something a bit heavier, try pecan or maple. If you want to use hickory, use a light hand. As always, run a very clean fire.

Here are some pics of a pork loin I cooked at a class back in April. While it was on a rotisserie, it was not cooked on a WSM. That having been said, I've done pork loins on my WSM at home with very similar results.

IMG_6729R.JPG

IMG_6772R.JPG

IMG_6773R.JPG

IMG_6778R.JPG

IMG_6779R.JPG

Last edited:
Hi All I don't have a 22" kettle just the WSM 22"..
I've seen a few rotisseries for less $. What makes the Cajun Bandit so much better?
buy the cheaper unit you've seen.
then buy it again.

bottom line: you get what you pay for.

Agree with the others. Buy quality and cry once, buy less expensive and cry regularly.
Why did you buy a WSM and not the cheap electric smokers at Home Depot? Because you knew you would have a much better experience with the more expensive smoker.
Just my 20 cents. Good Luck.

I have an 18.5 WSM, not the 22, but I was in the market for a rotisserie a while back for my Performer and settled on the Weber. Fits pretty good and works fine, but not a perfect fit and has some slight air gaps (just as I had read on the internet). Recently picked up a Cajun Bandit Stacker for my 18.5 WSM, and it's a high quality piece, and actually made it clear I made the wrong choice on the rotisserie, should have gone with the CB. Oh well.

I recently got a Cajun Bandit and it is awesome! As others have said much better quality than the others I have seen and fits tight on both my WSM and Kettle. I really like their motor too - handles weight with ease and no cords!

I really like their motor too - handles weight with ease and no cords!
ya know, that 2 D size battery cell has all the pwer as an AC corded motor has... I've owned mind for almost 5 years and changed the batteries once (and it's used quite often).

John David, welcome to the forum!

Agree with the others. Buy quality and cry once, buy less expensive and cry regularly.
Why did you buy a WSM and not the cheap electric smokers at Home Depot? Because you knew you would have a much better experience with the more expensive smoker.
Just my 20 cents. Good Luck.

Hi I did start with an Electric EBC,then moved on to a Brinkmans Smoke N Pit,finally bit the bullet and got a Shirley Fab RF smoker ( see Avatar).
Just started thinking of the Roti for the WSM. Basically I got a good deal on a used WSM to use for over nights smokes.
The Shirley is my go to smoker when I just want to sit around and feed it.
Going to get a lot of use about of the SF smoker once the NFL gets started.
Thanks Dan
PS Don't really know how much I would like and use the Roti.

Hi All
I guess the winner is the Cajun Bandit.Can I possible do two racks of ribs with it?
Thanks Dan

Hi Jim This is from your other post."the rotisserie is from Cajun Bandit... the add-on kit is from Rotisserie Master"
Two questions.
1 Do I have to do any mods to the WSM 22 in order to use the Cajun Bandit?
2 What add on kit did you purchase from Rotisserie Master?
Thanks Dan

Hi All Just an update. I finally ordered the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie. Question do you cook with the WSM top on or off?
Thanks for all the info on the CB Rotisserie.
Dan

Last edited:

Back