Genesis Gold B Redhead Restoration

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
I picked up this Genesis Gold B on CL for $75.

My neighbor had this at the curb for trash pickup so I saved the trash men some work.

The frame had some rust so I cleaned it up and repainted it, as well as the firebox and lid sides.

I had to spend some money on this one to get it going. In addition to these, I also purchased new burners, new flavorizer bars from the RC guy on Ebay, and a new ignitor.

The inside is looking good. I should have taken the all shiny picture, but I couldn't wait to fire her up.

All done.

My new to me Genesis Gold B Redhead.

It can be used in its original form as well.

I am going to hold on to this one. This grill should last many years to come. I am very impressed at how fast this grill gets hot. I still have some leftover parts to play with as well.

Thanks for looking.:cool:

Looks great. You did a good job on that rehab. I love my rehabbed Genesis 1000 RedHead. You are really going to love those grills.

Well done, I have the the same year Gold B Genesis, exactly like yours and it hits 600 degrees in less than 5 minutes! It is also built like a tank! Enjoy it!

Well done, I have the the same year Gold B Genesis, exactly like yours and it hits 600 degrees in less than 5 minutes! It is also built like a tank! Enjoy it!

Felix, I noticed this yesterday when I cooked on it for the first time. So far I'm loving it.

Back