Recommended U.S. off the shelf products?

Gary London

TVWBB Super Fan
Genuine U.S. products not that easy to get in the U.K., certainly not a wide range.
Been using Stubbs Original a lot because it is available in Costco here.

Found this Weber dealer who has an amazingly wide range but wondered which ones are favourites in the U.S. Might not all be U.S. made of course.

http://www.riversidegardencentre.co.uk/weber-bbq/bbq-sauces-rubs-marinades/all-rubs-marinades-sauces.html

Includes
American Stockyard
Cow Town
Plowboys
Stubbs
Blues Hog
Lamberts
Head Country
Jardines
Bone Doctors
Mississippi
Rufus Teague
Bonfattos
Oakridge, Plus loads of other rubs.

Any recommendations?

Gary, hopefully they're available in the UK...

Most certainly all rubs from both Simply Marvelous BBQ and from Big Poppa Smokers. Their rubs are on a different level than what is offered by others. There's a combination of the 2 brands that is called the West Coast Offense that has done very very well in the kcbs comp circuit.

Big Poppa's store has these. Great people to deal with. Might inquire about availability over your side of the pond.

Genuine U.S. products not that easy to get in the U.K., certainly not a wide range.
Been using Stubbs Original a lot because it is available in Costco here.

Found this Weber dealer who has an amazingly wide range but wondered which ones are favourites in the U.S. Might not all be U.S. made of course.

http://www.riversidegardencentre.co.uk/weber-bbq/bbq-sauces-rubs-marinades/all-rubs-marinades-sauces.html

Includes
American Stockyard
Cow Town
Plowboys
Stubbs
Blues Hog
Lamberts
Head Country
Jardines
Bone Doctors
Mississippi
Rufus Teague
Bonfattos
Oakridge, Plus loads of other rubs.

Any recommendations?
I don't use a lot of prepared rubs and sauces but I like to do Memphis-style loin back ribs and use Killer Hogs "The BBQ Rub" for that.
Also....

Stubbs products are very good.
Kinder's is a newcomer from Cali and is very good.

Personally, I freely hand out demerits for high fructose corn syrup and plastic bottles.

And be careful with this stuff, you'll develop a Yankee accent if you eat too much of it !

:)

Gary. I am currently trying to source US rubs for sale in Europe. I'll let you know what I find.

Finally got to Riverside Garden Centre at the weekend. They help sponsor Dr Evil BBQ team and they did a demo of competition ribs (pork and beef) on Sunday.

Biggest Weber stockist in the U.K. and a great range of imported rubs and sauces. Even better they are not far from where my parents live so easy for me to drop in. :)

Got these babies.

46237384-8C65-4629-AAA6-FAA68E25FEB8_zpsgpbusvj3.jpg

nice one - three well known brands - shouldn't go wrong with those.
Hope you enjoye dthe demo - Gary and his guys (and girls) are a great team and very willing to share information
We (Bullet Brothers BBQ) will be competing against them this weekend near Guildford at The Big Meat - the last UK comp of 2016 :(

Yes it was a good demo. First one Gary had ever done and I thought he did a great job. I asked a lot of questions and had a good chat with him after.

Hopefully they"ll do some more. Added bonus is that I came away full of information and food!

Just received some Blues Hog Original today.
After tasting it, I see why some of the pros are rumored to use it in doctored form.
It's fantastic sauce although it has HFCS.

Not commercial, but we have 2 gardens and grow most of our summer food and can (jars) the rest after the family picks through everything.

Every year i grow several kinds of hot peppers. Last year I took some of the last peppers and smoked them. Afterwards I dehydrated them. They smell and taste great. We crumble some up and add them to chili.

For other peppers I dehydrate and grind them for rubs and other mixes.

Back