Anyone going to the Vista BBQ Classic - July 29 and 30, 2016?

Hi Erik,

Just received confirmation that we, my better half Maryann and I, will be judging at Vista.
Hope to see you there.

Bob

We competed at this contest the first few years it ran. We might cook it again this year depending on how things go for us this weekend in Del Mar.

Rad Fondo BBQ will be there for sure. Look for the Shimano pop-ups. Make sure you say your from the TVWBB forums so that I don't glaze over trying to figure out where I know you from:).

Mike

Vince... Wishing You and Team Rhythm 'n Que, BBQ Excellence at THE Track Sunday !
Will try to stop by.

We competed at this contest the first few years it ran. We might cook it again this year depending on how things go for us this weekend in Del Mar.

Vince... Will we see you at Vista ?

Congratulations on an Excellent job at the race track today !!!!!

--> Vincent and team Rhythm 'n Que took Grand Champion today at Del Mar. And with a Very Sound 707.9772 score !!!

Blame it on being a Rookie team and not knowing but damn, Vincent Carroci is a flat out bad ***! Congratulations on GC at Del Mar. Hope to see you at Vista.

Vince... Will we see you at Vista ?

Congratulations on an Excellent job at the race track today !!!!!

--> Vincent and team Rhythm 'n Que took Grand Champion today at Del Mar. And with a Very Sound 707.9772 score !!!

Thanks for stopping by our site in Del Mar, Bob, and for the kind words. We had a pretty good day at the races!

Yes, we decided to make the trip back over for Vista so we'll likely see you there as well.

Blame it on being a Rookie team and not knowing but damn, Vincent Carroci is a flat out bad ***! Congratulations on GC at Del Mar. Hope to see you at Vista.

Thank you! We were all rookies at one time or another and I remember those early days with great fondness. We were in awe of more than a few teams back in those days and it inspired Alexa and me cook to the best of our ability. There was a lot less information available back then and it took a lot of hard work, dedication and trial & error to figure out how to win. We had two awesome mentors, Brent & Kim Walton of QN4U and they encouraged us to find our own unique style. We did and the rest is history. It still takes hard work, dedication and practice to be competitive and some days everything just works out. Del Mar was one of those days.

Hope to see everyone at Vista this weekend.
Should be an Excellent BBQ Competition.
Excellent Location and NO entrance fee.

Wishing all TVWBB member BBQ Teams, BBQ Excellence this weekend !

Looks like I'm taking a road trip to drive my son back up to college this weekend, so I won't be able to make it this year. :(

Good luck to the teams and judges - I'll think about all that good bbq!

I have said this before but… Vincent Carrocci is a total bad ***! GC back to back with two 180's! If you need someone on wash detail please put me first in line. Congratulations on your Vista victory!

I have said this before but… Vincent Carrocci is a total bad ***! GC back to back with two 180's! If you need someone on wash detail please put me first in line. Congratulations on your Vista victory!

Thanks again for the kind words, Mike! Alexa and I truly appreciate it! We got off to a shaky start at our first four events this year but the next four have been amazing with us going Reserve - Grand - Grand - Grand. We've had some really good streaks over the years but this one is the best!

And, let's not forget that Rad Fondo BBQ has a substantial lead in the CBBQA Rookie of the Year points race. You guys had a really strong showing at Del Mar with 5th Ribs, 8th Pork & 9th Brisket. I know that Vista didn't go quite as well for you but you took your Chicken from 43rd in Del Mar to 3rd and that's really a great accomplishment. People better keep their eyes on your team because I think they're going to be hearing the name Rad Fondo BBQ quite often.

I'm checking in from foggy Northern Cal - sure wish I could have stopped by to say hi, check out pit, and get to meet more good folks doing great bbq.

Congrats to everyone who competed!

Maybe next year...

Back