Lid side panel fasteners

Ed Reed

So, I'm taking apart a Genesis Silver that I got off craigslist, but I'm not sure what the somewhat strange nuts are that hold the side panels to the lid. They look like nuts, but not tapped the standard way. Does anyone know of a source, or know what they are or where to get replacements?

I've taken those off on 3 grills to repaint the side panels (for the life of me I can't remember what they're called) they came off real easy just like a regular nut and I reused them.

They go by the term "speed nuts" or "hex nuts".
You can probably grab some at your local hardware store as I know mine has them in stock.

Jeff

For my 2000 Silver B, I got mine at eReplacementParts.com.... Part 90501 for the shroud and lid pins. 10 bolts and 10 nuts for both L and R shrouds and 2 pins for the lid itself. 22 bucks for OEM Weber parts, or you can just get heat treated nuts from HD. .Hope that helps.

I used stainless 1/4 20 flange nuts on my Genesis Gold B rehab. They only worked on the older redhead lid that I used on the project. They would not work on the original Gold B lid.

Back