Hello from Richardson, TX

AbeLos

TVWBB Member
Hi all, I am the proud new owner of a 22" WSM which was purchased last Friday and I broke it in on Sunday evening with a whole brisket and a butt for lunch on the 4th. Overall I am pleased with the results, just have to get dialed in with vent maintenance and the main thing I would like to improve on is that the flat wasn't necessarily to my liking (I prefer the point anyway). I could have used an extra remote thermometer for the grate, but that will be remedied soon enough.

I am pretty sure I will start to mod it up with a new door and possibly a gasket kit, then who knows what else I will do. My dream mod is an R2D2 paint job on wheels with remote if at all possible, that's all I could think about when I finally put it together.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Abel. You are going to love it here. Many of us seem to have the Weber addiction. You will find that most here love to help others. This is a great place to learn and to share. We also love to see pics of your cooks. Congrats on that great new WSM.

Last edited:
That is a good looking first cook on that smoker. Great pics also. You are going to fit in here very will. Nice work.

Welcome to the forum and that is one outstanding cook you did. Looking forward to many more great cooks like this one.

Welcome Abel. Nice work on your cooks. Looks very tasty. Keep those pictures coming.

Welcome aboard. I grew up next door in Garland. My family is still in the area just N of you in McKinney and Allen.

Back