Thread: Dry Brisket Salvation Stew

TVWBB Super Fan

Dry Brisket Salvation Stew

I'm calling this recipe "Dry Brisket Salvation Stew"

I did a brisket yesterday that for whatever reasons, probably my own fault, went too long and dry/crumbly.

What to do?

Throw it away?

The family took pity on my failure and urged me to save the meat...but for what?

I got inspired to just make something up and came up with a concoction that turned out amazingly tasty.

====

Sliced the brisket into small 1/4" cubes from the day before slices

Heated a 6 quart pot with 1/2 stick of butter and added the brisket to get some fat/moisture back in.

Stirred on low for 10 minutes.

Added in a 22 oz can of Bush's Southern BBQ Pit Grilled Beans - let simmer for another 10 minutes.

While simmering, take 2 stalks celery, 1/2 yellow onion, 1 carrot, and 1 medium potato and dice up. Nuke in the microwave for 8 minutes to soften. Sprinkle with garlic/parsley salt...sparingly.

Add the veggies to the brisket and bean pot - stir well, then simmer for another 15 minutes.

Final step is to add a 28oz can of crushed tomatoes - simmer for 1 hour.

Serve as is, or over rice or pasta.

We served over fresh steamed rice.

Expensive and ruined brisket now saved.
    Last edited by Erik Tracy; 07-05-2016 at 04:13 PM.

TVWBB Pro
    Wow! No replies in 8 months. I would have added mine to beans or chili. You lost me at "stew" (don't like them). ; ' )
    Bill: WSM 22.5 BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 : Maverick ET-733 : BHG Gas Grill: His & Hers John Deere Lawn Tractors