Stoker and setting up remote monitoring

G

I have tried the search function to figure out my problem. I'm trying to figure out how to monitor my cooker with my stoker using my iphone. I have a linksys wrt54g wireless router. I can get the stoker to show up on my home network computer but not on my iphone. I have done the process of making a static ip address. The stoker ip is 192.168.1.100 and the ip address I get from the status page on my router is 67.131.50.xx but it will not show up on my iphone or a remote computer. I have also used the port forward 80 80 and use the 192.168.1.100 to forward. What could I be doing wrong. If someone has this same router can you post your setup screens.

I had the exact same issue.
The problem appears to be that when the Stoker is set for a fixed IP, the subnet and gateway addresses are not getting set correctly. I tried to manually set them on the stoker, but the values wouldn't save.
To get around this, I set the stoker to use DHCP (needed to read the manual(from rocks site) on how to reset this). Then, on my netgear router, I was able to assign a fixed IP address to a MAC address. I only had 2 devices connected to the router at the time, so it was easy to determine the MAC belonged to the Stoker.
I looked briefly, and it doesnt look like the Linksys WRT54G has the ability to assign fixed IPs by MAC address.
My suggestion to test this all out in your environment to confirm if your issue is the same, would be to set the stoker back to DHCP,and let it get assigned a router assigned address. Once assigned, set the port forwarding on the Linksys to the assigned address. Now, try to access it through the 67.131.50.xx address.
If that is indeed the case, a couple of options to fix it long term that I see:

- a netgear router. An added bonus of the netgear is that it also supports dyndns.org, which allows me to setup on the router publishing the routers external address as a URL like marksegg.kicks-***.net, that will always resolve to my external IP.

- assign all OTHER devices on your network fixed IP in the high (200+) range. That way the stoker always gets the .1 address when turned on. in essence, a fixed address I guess.

- Kaytat gets this resolved. I sent a note a couple weeks ago, and it was acknowledged, but no timeline for a fix was provided.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Mark

I thought I was having a lot of trouble trying to set this up but then I figured out that my router was giving me trouble. I reset the router and went back and tried to configure it the way I had before and it worked perfectly. Thank you. Do you all have a password to keep someone from getting on you stoker and burning the meat up?

Back