Weber 900 NG -- any details

Carlos Estrada

TVWBB Member
Hi, I purchased this grill off CL $50 & in great shape, no rust & hardly used + cover. Anybody know any details about grill such as series (spirit/Genesis), year built, any facts. I can't find much info on it. Attached are images, one with model # and SN.

Carlos,
First off welcome to the Forum.
Your Grill is a Weber 900 Spirit and the code ER signifies 1996 model.

I had a Weber 700 that I bought new in 1999 and recently sold it to a Family friend and it was a excellent grill.

The Spirit line in the 700/900 is a three burner setup that used the same grates as the Genesis line but was the first Weber that I know of at the time to go to the 5 Flavaorizer setup vs the 13 bar setup of the Genesis.The Cookbox was shallower than than Genesis line too and was later used in the B/C & Silver/Gold Weber Grills from 2000 up.

Your 900 has the nice Durawood shelves too.

Parts are readily available so enjoy your new purchase.

Jeff

Last edited:
Jeff, thanks for the history lesson. I'm very proud of my grill & hope to cook many great meals for my family & friends for a long time!

Carlos,
You're welcome. Gotta love the old Webers.

Just realized that your 900 actually has the painted wood shelves like my 4900.

Jeff

Jeff, yes I initially thought I had the durawood, but to my surprise they're actual wood. My next project is to stain the wood & try to figure out how to add slats to bottom shelf .

That's a nice grill u hve with the glass & extra side shelves.

Carlos,
I just won this auction for this Weber Owners Manual:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weber-900-N...653cf4b&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=2&sd=302020525967

I really just want it for the plastic Weber binder to hold my information on my three Weber's products.

If you want the actual owners manual portion shoot me an e-mail/pm with your mailing address and I will ship your way, free of charge. It's even for the same 1996 Natural Gas model 900 as yours and pretty close in serial # too.

Jeff

Carlos,
I got your address and the seller is shipping it out today. I'll drop you a note when it is headed your way.

Jeff

Back