Genesis 1100 right side flip up table

KevinG

TVWBB Member
I'm not sure if this has been done before (so please pardon me if it has), but I came up with this mod last night and all it took was 20 minutes and a deep box of spare parts...no cutting or drilling required!

I love the look of Silver and Gold Gennys with both right and left flip up tables, but I already have an 1100 redhead that's fully restored and wonderfully retro. I also invested in rcplanebuyer's grates and flavorizers which won't fit the newer firebox, aND a nice new Weber cover...but I digress...

My plan had been to wait and find a 2000 or 3000 that I could add the right side table to to turn it into a 4000, but then I got to thinking,"would that work on what I have now?". The answer is yes, and easily with the right spare parts. All of the attachment points exist on the frame of a 1000...good work Weber!

Here's the finished product...
Grill mods by Kevin Gray, on Flickr

The wood slats need to be sanded and spar varnished, but that's a weeknight project. I'm not too concerned about the tool hooks getting blocked by this, but if it proves to be a problem I'll figure out another solution. For those wondering how it all works, here are the detail pics.

I started by adding the flip up table "bar" piece from a donor grill. The hole on the frame that the rod slots into is already there, as is the tab that this locks into.

Then I added this silver bracket on the lower frame. I guess at one point there was no "bar" for the table support to slide on on and it was a manual process. This locks the table into the down position.

Then to lock the table "up" the support bar locks into this hole on the front leg of the grill.

Thanks for reading!

Kevin,
Nice work.
It's great that Weber's are so modular in design with most all pieces being able to be used on any grill as their 1" frames allow for many variants.

Enjoy your extra room!
Like all you extra grill frames in the background as well.
Jeff

Looks good and very useful. I find myself wishing I had a side table on the right side of my Genesis 2000 instead of a side burner, but hey, I can't complain too much, everything looks good and works flawlessly.

That's a nice work around on the shelf Kevin. For those that want to do the same and don't have the tools or extra parts to do what you did, the right hand locking bracket assembly is still available from ereplacmentparts.com. I had an extra shelf and one of the rod brackets but not the one for the locking bracket rod to attach to. So I took a large Stanley door hinge and punched out the pin. Drilled out the pin holes to 3/8 and put one on each side of the shelf and it works perfect.
I picked up a 3000 for $40 and converted my 1000 to a 2000 and added the right side swing up. Got acres of room now.
DSCN2765_zpslypk70bg.jpg

Rich, you probably know this...but that's a great looking grill there! I'm jealous of that dry, not salty desert air...

Rich, you probably know this...but that's a great looking grill there! I'm jealous of that dry, not salty desert air...

I know Kevin rust is not allowed in Az. Although I grew up in the Chicago area so I know what the tin worms can do.
That 3000 chassis is a 1995, been in Az. since new. Not even any surface rust when I got it and it had sat out uncovered for the last 10 years.

Does anyone have pictures of the underside of the swing up table? A friend of mine picked up a Genesis that had one but he took it off and now gave me just the hardware for the swing up but I am not sure how it is assembled underneath.

I'll try to get a picture tomorrow. Your z plate should be at one end and 1 hinge plate at the very end of the other. I'd mount it and then figure out where the other hinge plate needs to go so the table sits horizontally the boards are supposedly 15 5/16ths according to a post I read here.

Edit for pic.

Last edited:
I am in the process of trying to acquire the hardware for my missing left swing table, but now I might have to keep my eyes out for a second set so I can add it to the right side as well.

Thanks for the picture of the underside of the swing table with the hardware. I have been looking for something like that.

KevinG, thanks for the idea.

I wanted to let everyone know that you can also use a left side slider bar (I happened to have a spare), as long as you don't mind cutting a notch with a bench grinder and then painting it afterwards.

37832882422_f429294d30_b.jpg

37832887592_475af18e9e_b.jpg

37832894742_dcd0f5d58d_b.jpg

Yah, I was thinking a guy could probably just buy a piece of steel or aluminum stock and make one of his own. You could probably make the steel rod as well. The hard part is coming up with that plastic clip that slides on the bar.

That was a great solution though. I probably wouldn't have thought of it.

Thanks for the great ideas! I have been thinking about this very thing. You did an awesome job; I hope I can do half as well!

Back