Weight Loss Journey

Kemper Morris

TVWBB Gold Member
Couple of people have asked how my weight loss is coming along after a year and a half. Had some setbacks but so far I've lost 175 lbs. 60 more to go. Hoping to hit that goal by end of the year

- - - Updated - - -

Here's me on the left in orange at 410 lbs

- - - Updated - - -

Here's me today at 240. No longer Diabetic. No more Sleep Apnea, No more Neuropathy in my feet, no more High Blood Pressure, No more High Cholesterol. I'm addicted to exercise now. Walk daily & go to the gym regularly. Its tough when you love to cook but I had to do it

- - - Updated - - -

What a transformation! Congratulations Kemper. As you now know, you can still enjoy cooking and be healthy.

You are doing great Kemper. You ARE an inspiration!!!! Your family must be very proud of you as are all of us.

If you don't mind my asking, how tall are you and how old are you. I am at about 280#, 5'8' and 67. Been fighting weight all of my life. Your description of the physical condition is exactly where I am at. All are controled by meds but that is not good. I keep falling back on the old habits. The only thing different is I am only pre diabetic. It is a huge struggle. Can you maybe go into more detail of what you have done. Walking for me is a problem currently due to knee and hip issues. Lose weight and those also should go away. Thanks.

Bob Ivy I went on a 1200 calorie a day diet. I eliminated all fast food, pasta, bread, & sodas. Majority of the time it was grilled chicken or fish. Sometimes turkey. All the grilled vegetables you want & salads with low calorie dressing. Eliminated all fried foods. Had a Premiere Protein Shake for breakfast every day. It has 30 grams of protein. At first it was a shock to my system. Nobody likes a good old cheeseburger & fries anymore than me. Said goodbye to pizza & all alcohol. No beer & I love a cold beer. First 2 weeks I went on a liquid fast on 3 shakes a day & nothing else. That was the hardest thing I ever did. I was only getting 450 calories a day at that point. I lost 35 lbs on the liquid fast. Then I started my 1200 calories of lean meats & vegetables. I have 2 sugar free snacks a day & 3 meals of 300 calories each. I would lose 15 lbs a month at first then it tapered off to 10. I'm 6'2" & 61 yes old. I joined a gym & started lifting weights to increase my metabolism. I walk 15 miles total a week & normally take Sundays off. I feel so much better. I've lost 16 inches in my waist. Even my dog has lost 25 lbs from all the walking. I still have 50 more pounds to lose. I got my life back & have the energy to do things I couldn't do before. The first time I realized I was making progress is when I'd go to a restaurant I'd never sit at a booth because I was too fat to fit. Now I can easily fit & that was a huge deal for me. I'm extremely proud of how far I've come but I'm not going to pat myself on the back until I lose the next 50. Also I don't have to buy clothes at the Big & Tall shops anymore. I can pay regular price at a normal retail store. Good Luck Bob on your journey.

Congratulations Kemper! I lost 32 pounds this year, and it was HARD, so I can't imagine losing 175!

You are an inspiration and I wish you well for losing those last 60 lbs. Keep it up!!

Thanks Kemper. On the initial fast, was there a particular brand of shakes and was it prescribed by your doctor. Thanks.

Back