My new grates are great!

Justin W

TVWBB Pro
Before:

After:

These things are really thick. The package they came in weighed 19 pounds.

One of the things I was worried about was getting a good sear. I was afraid I would regret not getting cast iron. I'm no longer concerned.

Just some veggies:

I'm no photographer (obviously) but here is everything plated up.

Mr. Ketchup Lips was pleased.
icon_wink.gif

If anybody is thinking about replacing their current grates with the heavy-duty rod style stainless steel grates, I just want you to know that I think you'll like it. I certainly do. Granted, it's only been one cook but they have already exceeded my expectations.

Hope this helps anyone else with their decision.

icon_razz.gif
well, thank you Justin... butt it's only food, and with me around it doesn't last too long
icon_biggrin.gif

Hope your Easter weekend is most enjoyable!

I could not agree with you more. Plus, they could make them hinged like the regular grate.

However, I will say that 1 genesis grate will fit perfectly on top of the stock kettle grate. I do that often when I'm using my kettle and want good grill marks. I have cast iron griddle that I often keep on one side of my Genesis so that leaves one of my SS rods available for that kind of thing.

Thanks Justin, at the HD near my home they have cast iron sear grills for gassers marked down to 19 bucks. Here I go again with my cheapness Jim. I keep checking back every now and then in hopes they will lower them a little more.
I need help.
icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
Thanks Justin, at the HD near my home they have cast iron sear grills for gassers marked down to 19 bucks. Here I go again with my cheapness Jim. I keep checking back every now and then in hopes they will lower them a little more.
I need help.
icon_rolleyes.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

$19 ? For which grills ? Are these for Weber Porcelain coated cast iron grates ?

If so, if they had a deal like that around here I would buy every single one they had in stock !!!

Yes Bob the tray is a Weber item, and I have one just like it. I really don't like it, because if you use EVOO on the veggies it gets baked on the tray and it's a real PITA to clean. I haven't used mine in over two years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BobPi:
I like that vegetable tray. Is that a Weber part? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, that particular tray is not a Weber part, but Weber does make one just like it. I like it because it's SS and dishwasher safe so cleaning actually hasn't been that big of an issue. I got it at HD at the end of last grilling season for 5 bucks so all in all it's been a good investment.

Thanks Justin!! Just upgraded my Summit D with the ss rods and they are great!!! Appreciate the recommendation.

Back