New Build - Pot a little too small

MikeDB

Just starting a build and finding a pot here in the UK has been a challenge! Ended up with one from a local brew shop but it's a tiny bit too small on the base. It sits in place but can rock slightly or sit a little off centre leaving a gap of 1/8" or so on one side.

I'm keen to fix that before I go any further - presumably any gaps are undesirable and I want it to be stable enough not to worry about it.

Any ideas? My current thinking was nomex gasket around the pot to make it a touch wider just above the seat in the bowl but below the lip. I didn't really want to put tape on the bowl as I still want to grill on it (although my grate has a bit of slop too!).

I'll be sure to post a build thread once I get past this!

I have notice on this forum, some people use the lid as part of the base. Look thru the threads for that post.

Unfortunately my life isn't a perfect fit on the base either. But getting a pot from the US will cost me $125 and this is the best I've found that makes it worth doing (any more and I'm getting close to an actual WSM in cost).

Back