Hello from Rineyville Kentucky

Bobby Segars

TVWBB Super Fan
]I just bought a Weber Redhead off of a site called Offer Up, similar to Craigslist. I gave the guy $20.00 for it. It is in great shape and I just finished redoing it. When I figure how to post pictures on here, I'll show everyone the finished grill. I stripped it all down, sanded it and painted everything with Krylon High Heat Paint. Followed everyone's advice and cleaned the hood with 0000 steel wool and simple green. Sanded down the handle and shelf and stained it with 3 coats of Olympic Honey Pine outdoor Stain. My wife tried to buy me a new weber, but I like old things and enjoy the rehab, cooked on it night before last and cooked chicken and sausage, no flare ups from the sausge, unlike my old grills. Looking forward to many years of great grilling! Bobby

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Bobby. That is one great looking Genesis. You did a fabulous job on the rehab. That will last you many many years.Congrats on a great rehab.

Bobby;
Great job on the restoration!! I love to see these older units re-habbed!

Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to learn advanced grilling and smoking. I DO want to warn you, tho'. This is also a great bunch of "Enablers"!;)

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Bobby welcome to the forum and you did real good on the Genesis. That will last a life time believe me. We have a Genesis 1000 which we got new in 1998 and my husband Rich redid it and made it a Genesis 2000 and it works great.

Back