Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Throwdown #35: Salad featuring Grilled Meat

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Great looking salad James.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

James, that looks mighty tasty great job.
    2009 Performer Platinum , 1999 Genesis 1000 LX, Mini Smoker, 2009 E320ng, 18.5 , 1993 Smokey Joe, 2011 Performer Deluxe

Chorizo, Mushroom & Spinach Salad

OK, I want to play, too! Here's my entry:

About 1/2 lb of chorizo...

10 oz sliced baby portobello mushrooms...

A small red onion, sliced and into the 450* gasser...

After 10 minutes, stirred everything up. Did it again in another 10 minutes or so...

Mixed up 2 tbs of evoo, lime juice, water, 1/2 tsp oregano & salt. Warmed the dressing in a ci skillet...

Chorizo, mushrooms, onions & dressing were added to an 8 oz bed of fresh spinach & tossed.

Served with some sliced & buttered ciabatta bread. Time to eat!

It's a great Rick Bayless meal for a hot summer night.
    Last edited by Robert-R; 06-24-2016 at 07:26 AM.

That looks great Robert, even making your own salad dressing....I like it!
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

I like that Robert, going to have to give that one a try.
    2009 Performer Platinum , 1999 Genesis 1000 LX, Mini Smoker, 2009 E320ng, 18.5 , 1993 Smokey Joe, 2011 Performer Deluxe

Skirt Steak Salad

Great Entries so far!

Here's mine:

Skirt Steak seasoned with a little Chef Merito's "carne" seasoning, put on some slices of a roasted garlic loaf

Slice it up:

Added it to some red leaf lettuce, thinly sliced red onion, some red cabbage:

Add half a tomato & half an avocado, along with some jalapeno ranch:

Tossed it with some tongs, added half a chopped jalapeno, ate it with about 3 iced coffees, and now I am stuffed!

That's a 5 quart pyrex bowl (big!) in case anyone is wondering.

Keep the entries coming!
    18.5 WSM > 22.5 One-Touch Platinum > Genesis Silver B > Smokey Joe Gold > Q100 + Q100 = Q200 > Go Anywhere Gas

Very nice salad Clint. Barb and I just had a steak salad a couple of nights ago, Barb is going to post that one today.

Being we hit over 100* again today, no cooking inside. Decided to take out a rib eye steak, marinaded in some Yoshida’s and Penzeys Seasoned California Pepper. Then I chopped up some red, green, orange bell pepper along with red onion , mushrooms and shredded carrots.
    Cooked the steak on the performer direct and indirect for a few minutes on each side since it wasn’t very thick. Done and inside to rest a few minutes. Took a package of Hokkien Stir Fry noodles microwave for 90 seconds. Pull the noodles apart mix with veggies and plated with streak, Parmesan cheese and hard boil egg. Salad dressing for me was Poppy seed and Rich was Asian Toasted Sesame dressing.
    This was one of the best steak salads we’ve had and will be doing it again real soon.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week end and stay cool.

Clint, that is one awesome salad. Love salads during the summer, easy and good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Barb D View Post
    Clint, that is one awesome salad. Love salads during the summer, easy and good for you.
    Thanks! I'd like to see a few more pictures of how yours was assembled - once it's put together or tossed they're not so pretty. Yours looks great but don't really see the steak!

One of my favorites is a gyro salad..... feta, gyro meat, hard boiled egg, texas toast...............

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast