Smoke Day at Donna's

Donna Fong

TVWBB Super Fan
Harry and I hosted a Fong family BBQ in my home in Alameda, CA. We made ribs, CAB brisket, roasted a 40lb pig, grilled some chicken apple sausage, grilled bulgogi, made some stir fried noodles, noodle soup and some salads. There was enough food for 100 but we only had 50 people over.

My brother grilling some sausage and pork belly over the roasting pig inside.

Brother teaching Dad how to season the ribs.

Harry and Dad (87!)

Harry's wok setup for Malaysian noodles

My WSMs and stoker

Fong ribs

Harry's brisket

My second cousin who's happy like the rest of us about the bbq and the Warriors. The roasted pig is on the right side but you can't see it. Sorry!

Last edited:
Donna,

Thanks for sharing these Smoke Day photos! As much as I enjoy seeing professional BBQ cooks in a competition setting, I equally enjoy getting to see what what the pros do when cooking in a casual family environment. Very cool to see your family enjoying themselves, as well as getting to see Harry work his magic on that brisket. That is some fine lookin' bark on your ribs!

Thanks everyone. I am blessed with a good family and one that cooks. Literally, everyone cooks. Our family owns several restaurants so when there's a party, we bring so much food that we never have enough guests. The other thing that was satisfying was hearing my family react to a pro rib. They just couldn't believe what they were eating and I was fairly certain it was just an average pro rib. Of course, the immediate family has tired of it, right? The brisket was a 19lb one from Rest. Depot.

Wow! I would have settled for being a fly on the wall. I'm betting there was some awesome food. Thank you for the pictures! :)

Very impressive!!! Just wondering if you guys know how to bbq for a few people, every time I see you guys cook it looks like you are trying to feed Southern California!!

Back