SMOKE DAY 12 Sausage and Chicken with Alabama White sauce

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Smoke Day 12

Due do a lack of time I only got to fire up with kettle on saturday and cooked some of my homemade sausage. Had a high school graduation in the family.
I describe my sausage making process in this thread:
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?65501-Texas-style-beef-sausage

Sausages on the grill indirect with hickory and oak chips.

Taking on some color.

u
Off the grill.

Sliced sausage.

Sunday I got to fire up the WSM and maked some BBQ chicken with Alabama white sauce.

I took out the water pan for this cook.

WSM doing work!

Chicken almost done.

A pile of chicken.

Love it, now did you later slather that chicken with the white sauce? See, that Alabama white sauce is something I need to try!

Love it, now did you later slather that chicken with the white sauce? See, that Alabama white sauce is something I need to try!

Yes I did! I don't know why, but I'm horrible about forgetting to do plated pics which is really what people want to see. I'm all "BEHOLD! HERE'S PICTURES OF MEAT, TAKEN POORLY WITH MY CELLPHONE!"

Wait, you white sauce before cooking? When I white sauce I salt and pepper the chicken, cook to about 10-15 before done, sauce the bejeazzus out of them, I have been known to dunk, and back on the fire to finish and lent the sauce melt in. Then another brushing of sauce after resting, but before the table.

Looks great Dustin. Really like the Alabama White sauce. I saw something similar a while back. Not sure if it was posted here or just saw it on the Net. Nice cook!

Wait, you white sauce before cooking? When I white sauce I salt and pepper the chicken, cook to about 10-15 before done, sauce the bejeazzus out of them, I have been known to dunk, and back on the fire to finish and lent the sauce melt in. Then another brushing of sauce after resting, but before the table.

I marinate the chicken in the sauce so they have it on before cooking. Your way is probably better as far as getting good skin etc, I find the sauce kind of melts off with the fat but it helps flavor the meat. Then I just sauce at the table.

Love the sausage that looks soooo good. If I remember right you made that with the kitchen aid attachment, incredible. That chicken is running a close second, great cooks Dustin

Back