Genesis 5000 Manifold problem

PDalton

I've had my Weber Genesis 5000 for a LONG time - probably over 20 years - and I've loved it. Over the years, I've replaced grill grates, flavorizer bars, and ignition buttons and it kept working just fine.

However I now have a problem that I fear I cannot fix. Unless the Flame Check button is held down (depressed) ALL the time, the burners will go out. Weber tells me it's a problem in the manifold and that they no longer have that part.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might be able to either find a replacement manifold, fix the current manifold, substitute a different manifold from another product, or otherwise get this to working correctly?

I'm also looking for a replacement left-side glass door, if anyone happens to know where I can find one.

Thanks

PDalton,
It appears that the FlameCheck is a problem child in talking to several people.

You can do what the former owner of my 4900/5000 grill did, replace the manifold out of an earlier genesis without the FlameCheck, mine works fine without it.
Regarding your left door glass...it's too bad the owner is dumping this grill.
https://newjersey.craigslist.org/zip/5620521855.html

Jeff

Hi PDalton,

two ways to fix the flame check problem.

(1) the previous owner of one of my 5000s solved it by placing half a brick on top of the flame check button to keep it depressed. Ugly, but effective.

(2) Remove the flame check device. It basically goes somthing like the gas line is connected to the flame check device, the flame check device is connected to the manifold. From memory you take the gas check device out and use a small adapter to connect the gas line direct to the manifold. Just let the old button sit where it would have been, and all is good.

Love my 5000! Enjoy!

Looks like that NJ grill is gone :(
Here was the picture:

Junk%20Weber%20NJ_zps28jvzrnh.jpg

If you look closely at least two of the doors were still there. I tried to contact the person but they left no information, just an address.

Jeff

Last edited:
I deleted the FlameCheck valve on a Genesis 5000 that I fixed up yesterday. Everything works fine without it.
I had to buy a $2 brass fitting at Ace to adapt the regulator hose to the manifold.

Hey Guys, how about some pictures of your 5000s?

Would love to see some.

Jeff

Last edited:

Back