Smoke Day XII in the State of New Hampshire

Jerome D.

TVWBB All-Star
I hope Smoke Day XII has been - and continues to be - safe and fun for all members of TVWBB. Here are my photos from yesterday, the 2nd Smoke Day I've participated in.

First up, a brisket flat smoked with a combination of cherry and pecan wood. Full disclosure - I actually cooked the brisket the week before Smoke Day, vacuum packed it, and reheated it.

Next up, spare ribs smoked over peach wood. These were seasoned with Dizzy Pig Crossroads rub. This was my first time wrapping in butcher paper instead of foil, and I was quite pleased with the results...the bark maintained the desired texture while the meat stayed nice and moist.

And finally, a new addition to my Smoke Day repertoire: pecan encrusted pork tenderloin & bacon pinwheels (courtesy of Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book). For these, I cut long strips of pork tenderloin, pounded them to a uniform thickness with a meat mallet, put a strip of bacon on top, rolled them, squared off the sides with a sharp knife, applied Carolina mustard sauce to the the outer edges, and rolled them in chopped pecans. The pinwheels were smoked on the 14.5" WSM with cherry wood, quickly seared on the gasser for some additional color, then drizzled with more Carolina mustard sauce. They were big hit with the guests, so I'll definitely be making these again.

Thanks for stopping by the view the photos. I'm already looking forward to next year's Smoke Day XIII!

Jerome, all I can say is WOW!!! That is one fantastic cook. You got me with the Tenderloin, bacon and pecans, going to have to do that one for sure. Awesome pics and again WOW!!!

Back