Kale Chips

RyanAghdam

Kale chips are our new favorite side dish. They go great with grilled chicken, burgers, steak -- anything, really.

Ingredients

• 1 bunch curly kale, washed, de-stemmed and torn into pieces
  • 3 - 4 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 - 4 lemon juice
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 425° and place two empty baking sheets in the oven to preheat.

In a large bowl, dress the kale with the olive oil and lemon juice, then salt and pepper to taste. Massage the dressing into the kale so that it is well coated.

Remove the baking sheets from the oven and divide the kale across the two baking sheets, distributing it evenly so that the pans are not crowded. Roast the kale for 9 - 10 minutes. When kale is beginning to crisp, remove from the oven and serve.

kc.jpg

Great looking chips Ryan! I've had store bought packaged kale chips before and was meh about them, homemade might be the way to go.

Great looking chips Ryan! I've had store bought packaged kale chips before and was meh about them, homemade might be the way to go.

I tried some packaged kale chips from Trader Joe's and I was not a fan. If those were the first ones I tried then I would have refused to try this recipe!

Back