PID settings for HeaterMeter 4.2.4 on a Southern Q Limo

Alan Gayton

I have just changed from an offset stickburner to a Southern Q Limo for competition. The heatermeter works but needs to be tuned. I was wondering if anyone is using this pit and would mind sharing their settings. I don't mind doing the manual tuning but it would sure be nice to find someone who has already figured it out.

thanks!

You might be waiting a while on that. Although the Limo is a popular pit most people on this forum are running smaller rigs. You could try sending a PM to "JeffM". He's running a MicroDamper on a large custom built insulated cabinet smoker. He could probably give you some PID settings that will get you in the ballpark.

Are you running the stock fan?

We've borrowed a smaller GF pit once at a competition and found out that at least the BBQ Guru Pit Viper fan didn't have enough oomph for it.

I run a smaller Gravity Fed smoker (diy) and am using a 15 CFM custom Fan/Damper and am able to keep it within 0.5 degrees with stock settings (at 300F setpoint), top damper fully open. The pit is a 3 shelf, single pan design.

OwF2cHM.jpg

Back