If you were going to cook something other than bird on the Rotiss - What & Why?

Ron G.

TVWBB Wizard
Looking to further break-in a new Rotiss & new Performer -

Yard Bird was almost too easy & turned out dee-lish

But if it were up to YOU - What would you spin for something a bit different? (What have you found turns out particularly tasty on Weber Kettles with it?)

What - Pork Loin
Why - Because it's a pork loin!

(Sorry for jumping in on this ahead of Jamie but I'd be willing to bet a nickle or two that he's agree with the suggestion.)

I do agree with Vincent on the pork loin, especially when you add some wood smoke. For "Weber's New American Barbecue" I developed an awesome recipe for Rotisserie Lechon Asado, the Cuban-style pork shoulder marinated with orange juice, garlic, oregano and other mojo-type ingredients. It comes out with an incredibly tasty bark and the meat is juicier than it would be if the shoulder just sits over indirect heat. I also had great success with Rotisserie Spareribs with Root Beer-Bourbon Glaze. It takes a couple people to set the ribs on the rotisserie with balls of aluminum foil (to keep the ribs from touching each other), but it's worth it. That recipe is in the new book, too.

Sirloin tip, eye of round, ribeye roast, sirloin cap (picanha), aracks of ribs, brisket, or anything else you can get the forks to hold :)

GREAT suggestions! (I like Mojo style stuff on chicken and fish - have yet to try it on Pork. First time I had some was grilling some fresh-caught Cobia in the Keys...mmmm...it's NOT the sort of thing one sees on a regular basis up here...)

I will DEFINITELY give that a whirl.

Thanks for the inspiration

Back