Q&A with Jamie Purviance, May 2-6, 2016

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Jamie Purviance will be joining us May 2-6, 2016 to talk about his new book, Weber's New American Barbecue: A Modern Spin On The Classics, and to answer all of your grilling and barbecuing questions.

About the book, the publisher says:

"Weber’s New American Barbecue is Weber’s first cookbook that delves deeply into the evolving world of barbecue and uncovers all the latest trends, tips and techniques from author and grilling expert Jamie Purviance, as well as the top barbecue experts in the nation. Fresh, modern and totally original, this book features an array of traditional and unexpected recipes that experiment with spices and reflect the global influences that are reshaping barbecue today."​

Win An Autographed Book

Jamie is providing several autographed copies of his book that we'll be giving away by random drawing at the conclusion of the Q&A. Just complete this form to enter: http://goo.gl/forms/2JRyIVon3l

Free Mini-Book & Recipes

You can download a free PDF mini book of Weber’s New American Barbecue including recipes for PB&J ribs, smoked chicken nachos, Boston bacon fatties, and spicy shrimp with charred poblano romesco. Thanks to Jamie's PR team for making this available to TVWBB readers!

Biography

purviance_zpsl6hbshnx.jpg

Jamie Purviance (pronounced Purr-VI-ance) graduated from Stanford University and the Culinary Institute of America (with high honors) before launching his career as a food writer for major publications such as Bon Appétit, Better Homes & Gardens, Cooking Light, Fine Cooking, Town & Country, and the Los Angeles Times.

He is the author of several cookbooks, including The New York Times best-sellers Weber’s Smoke™, Weber’s Way to Grill™ and Weber’s New Real Grilling™. Purviance was also nominated for a prestigious James Beard Award for Weber’s Way to Grill.

Purviance has appeared on several national television shows including Today, The Early Show, Good Morning America, Fox & Friends, and the Oprah Winfrey Show—as well as on PBS, CNN, the History Channel, and the Food Network.

As a regular contributor to national newspapers and magazines, and a popular teacher at cooking schools across the country, Purviance has helped millions of people to grill like professionals. Purviance is also certified by the Kansas City Barbecue Society and has served as a judge for the Memphis in May World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest in addition to other major competitions. Purviance lives in Sacramento with his wife and three children. He cooks almost every day on at least one of his six grills.

Disclaimer

Weber-Stephen Products LLC wants you to know that when it comes to Jaime's posts in the Q&A, these are the thoughts of Jamie Purviance and not the thoughts of Weber.

Looking forward to the book - I just pre-ordered the kindle edition. I'm also enjoying the Q&A so far...

I got some good ideas from Weber's Big Book of Burgers! I need to revisit that one.

Back