Weber Summit Charcoal Grill and Summit Charcoal Grilling Center - New for 2016

Here's your first look at the new Weber Summit Charcoal Grill and Summit Charcoal Grilling Center!

pic1_zpsv71r5bib.jpg

Summit Charcoal Grill

pic2_zpsmzk5yl6i.jpg

Summit Charcoal Grilling Center

pic5_zps7nmn03dp.jpg

pic6_zpsvjn26twr.jpg

pic3_zps1yxcn5tq.jpg

pic4_zpsb23awhxt.jpg

pic7_zpsu4lw1fsx.jpg

pic8_zpspobkclpp.jpg

pic10_zpszudxtoc8.jpg

pic9_zpsqbf8pq7o.jpg

MSRP

$1,699 / $2,299

STREET PRICE

$1,499 / $1,999

DIMENSIONS

Height (inches): 45.5 /47.7
Width (inches): 39.5 / 56.6
Depth (inches): 35.8 / 35

COOKING AREA

Total cooking area (square inches): 452

CONSTRUCTION

Heavy-duty steel cart frame
One-Touch™ cleaning system
Removable, high-capacity aluminum ash catcher
Wire bottom shelf
Locking casters: 1 / 2
Easy open lid hinge
Rapidfire® lid damper
Stainless steel wire basket (Grilling Center only)
Weather-protected CharBin™ storage container (Grilling Center only)
Diffuser plate storage area (Grilling Center only)

FEATURES

Built-in lid thermometer
Tool hooks: 3
Owner’s guide
Limited warranty
Gourmet BBQ System™ hinged cooking grate
Stainless steel front handle

COOKING SYSTEM

Stainless steel hinged cooking grate
Porcelain-enameled, air-insulated, double-walled bowl and lid
Stainless steel air insulated hinged diffuser plate
Two position fuel grate
Slow cook, smoke bowl vent setting
Snap-jet™ gas ignition system

Here's the US press release: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...next-generation-charcoal-grill-300246881.html

Weber Introduces Next Generation Charcoal Grill

PALATINE, Ill., April 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Weber-Stephen Products LLC, the world's leading manufacturer of outdoor gas and charcoal grills and grilling accessories, announces a new charcoal grill that combines the form and functions of the classic Weber kettle grill with the company's beloved Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker smoker to create a completely new grill option from Weber.

The new Summit® charcoal grill and Summit® charcoal grilling center (MSRP: $1,699 and $2,299 respectively) will be available at select specialty retailers beginning April 6, 2016. Consumers can visit www.weber.com to find a dealer in their area.

"We are so excited to bring these new grills to our customers—providing true convection cooking that only Weber's trademarked round shape can provide," said Kim Lefko, Chief Marketing Officer, Weber-Stephen Products LLC. "Charcoal grill owners interested in smoking, and gas grill owners who long for the taste of charcoal now have the best of both worlds available to them."

Designed to provide ultimate control and hold steady temperatures for more than 10 hours of cooking, the Weber Summit charcoal grill will incorporate many unique features including multi-zone heat options, a hinged diffuser plate, a two-position fuel grate, an insulated lid and bowl for less charcoal consumption and better heat retention, and a slow cook/smoke bowl damper set-up that allows for three bottom vent positions.

In addition, the Weber Summit charcoal grills come with a Gourmet BBQ System cooking grate—a hinged cooking grate that features a removable center piece designed to fit a variety of Weber accessories, including a wok, griddle, and a poultry roaster.

The Weber Summit charcoal grill features 452 square-inches of cooking space, Snap-Jet gas ignition for easy lighting, a Rapidfire lid damper and built-in thermometer, a bottom wire rack for additional storage and the One-Touch cleaning system for easy ash removal. The Weber Summit charcoal grilling center will also include a stainless steel tabletop, wire basket and tool hook, along with a CharBin storage container.

For more information, visit http://www.weber.com/grillofalifetime.

About Weber: Weber-Stephen Products LLC, headquartered in Palatine, Ill., is the world's premier manufacturer of charcoal, gas and electric grills, grilling accessories and award-winning cookbooks and mobile applications. In 1952, founder George Stephen sparked a backyard revolution with his invention of the Weber® kettle. More than 60 years later, the privately held company's products are sold worldwide at select national home centers, specialty hardware stores, patio stores and other retail outlets. Weber's social communities include www.facebook.com/weberbbq, www.instagram.com/webergrills, www.twitter.com/webergrills, www.pinterest.com/webergrills and www.youtube.com/user/GrillwithWeber. Visit www.weber.com for more information.

Kim Durk

Durk Rion Public Relations

kim@durkrion.com; 773-844-1458

SOURCE Weber-Stephen Products LLC

I hate to say it, but I want one. This thing really does look like it would replace just about every cooker I currently own and it is 24 inches. Looks like they thought of everything. If it cooks as good as they say, then they hit it out of the park.

It does look interesting and I like that it's 24" but I like my 26." So until then, I'm not in the market

From a Yahoo article:

The new Summit® charcoal grill and Summit® charcoal grilling center (MSRP: $1,699 and $2,299 respectively) will be available at select specialty retailers beginning April 6, 2016. Consumers can visit www.weber.com to find a dealer in their area.

From a Canadian article (so Canadian dollars/prices):

Available in black, the Weber Summit Charcoal Grill is available at select Canadian stores and is priced at $1,999.99 (MSRP).Consumers will have the option to upgrade to the Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Centre which includes all of the features found on the Summit Charcoal Grill listed below plus a stainless steel tabletop and wire storage basket, diffuser plate storage area, and Char-bin storage container that holds up to 20 lbs. of charcoal (MSRP $2,499.99).

May be time for this item to get its own thread.

Last edited:
Nice I'm sure, but I'll keep what I have at those prices. Now if it had a remote thermometer with a remote that you could adjust your temps from your easy chair while watching your favorite team on TV. I might be interested at say $800 for the big one.:p

Looks cool....but the way it works here in The Netherlands..... we would have to wait until October before we could get one...and the cooking grill would be the same as our master touch... Chrome plated.
oh...and it would cost about $2,199 for the smallest one. We always get the short end of the stick here.

Hard to believe but we have to pay $385.99 for a Master Touch GBS grill and we don't even get a Stainless Steel Cooking Grill OR Warming Rack for that price.

I'll stick with my GBS Master Touch with extra $159.99 Stainless Steel Grill for now.

But.... If I hit the lotto.... I'll fly over and pick one up :) until then.... Grill On !

Last edited:

Back