Costco Pork Belly

Malvin C

TVWBB Member
I know that many folks have been getting their pork belly from Costco for some time. The one near my house in VA has not carried until just recently. Was doing the monthly run and happened to check for it, and there it was! $2.89 a pound.

Been getting mine at Costco for about a year now, about the same price as you have. Talking to one of the meat department guys he said it was on of their biggest sellers.

here, in MKE, it WAS at $2.39, then $2.59, then $2,75 now at $2.89
i hope it stops going up

A while back, the meat guy at my Costco said he wasn't going to sell them anymore. Then last weekend, I saw a case load of them. I picked up two

Just curious, as I have not seen nor have I really looked for it at Costco (since it's a mob scene in that department in the horrible state of NJ), are they full bone on bellies or small slabs (~5lbs)? My visits to Restaurant Depot yield the former.

The one I picked up from Costco was a nice 10ish pound boneless slab. I've gotten the bone-in from Restaurant Depot in the individual slabs. My RD does not seem to be selling the bone-in anymore. I've also gotten a case of boneless from RD (didn't sell individual slabs of boneless). But that is just way too much for me. While it is cheaper to get them by the case at RD at $2.01 vs $2.89 at Costco, the consistancy of the boneless was not good from slab to slab at RD and the Costco also is thicker. Overall, I think the product at Costco is better and I'm willing to pay a bit more for that.

Went to Costco today and picked up a belly just under 12 pounds at $2.69/pound. Curing four pounds today with the rest in the freezer.

Back