Welcome to WSM Smoke Day 12: May 28, 2016

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
smokeday12_zpsd0ka2fqw.jpg

Hi everyone,

It's time to kickoff WSM Smoke Day 12! We'll be celebrating all things Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker as we do each year on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, which is May 28 this year, but you can plan your WSM celebration for any time before, during or after Memorial Day Weekend.

A little background...WSM Smoke Day was the brainchild of TVWBB member Joel Kiess. He suggested the event as a way for WSM owners to share their enthusiasm for the cooker and for cooking barbecue. The idea is simple: use this forum to discuss what you'll be barbecuing on Smoke Day, cook it and photograph it on Smoke Day, then share your photos here for all to see!

• Some members will be planning local Smoke Day meet-ups. If you'd like to attend a get-together in your area (or would like to host one), post here so we can coordinate between members.
  • "But I don't have a WSM!" you say. The good news is there's plenty of time to order one from Amazon.com before the big day. But if not, don't worry, all brands of smokers are welcome.
  • Make sure to place your pin on the Smoke Day Map if you plan on participating.

Oh, and don't forget to order your WSM Smoke Day t-shirt!

So start planning for WSM Smoke Day 12! I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone celebrates this year! :wsm:

Best,
Chris

Looking forward to it, going to try and come up with something Barb and I have never done before, not sure what that will be but we have the time to think about it.

Can't wait for my 1st Smoke Day! I've got a 15lb butt from a pig we slaughtered in the fall that I've been saving for a special occasion, should do nicely.

Do they come in sizes large enough to cover my girlish figure? :)

The standard white t-shirt is available in 3XL-Tall and 4XL.

Got a polo shirt for Enrico.

Got a shirt with design on the back for Lampe.

Got 100 patches on the way...will provide details on those in early May.

The standard white t-shirt is available in 3XL-Tall and 4XL.

Got a polo shirt for Enrico.

Got a shirt with design on the back for Lampe.

Got 100 patches on the way...will provide details on those in early May.

Ordered my shirt and a button for my hat, can't wait to hear about the patches! :)

crazy shipping with cafe press, i ordered 3 items.
magnet
decal
t-shirt
and they're all shipping separately due to arrive on the same day.

oh, and all three are about 15 miles from here, but they will not be delivered until thursday.
icon_scratch_head.gif

This Smoke Day falls one day before my birthday, one day after my anniversary, and two weeks before my retirement. I should cook three times as much as usual (any excuse, right?).

Back