My first mini Thx everyone for your posts and pics. You help me out a great deal.

Smitty

Hi BBQ´s,

I am not going to cover what many others did over the years. I just took some of your ideas and made the best with what I could get my hands on here in Germany (former solider living abroad). My total costs here were about Euro 100/ $98. I found most of my materials on Ebay and Amazon. Once I had everything it took me roughly 1 1/2 hours to assemble. If needed (inland Germany) I can post the links where I found everything. I was very happy with the results. The only thing I don´t like is to cooking pot rim is smaller than the Weber grill top. During the time I was cooking, it was dripping all down the side of my pot. It’s optical. I see this as a tool to cook my food and not worry how it looks.
That is why I did not paint it.

So on with the program, three hours later:

I fired up the mini. I was thinking Ribs and a Chicken for the first try. Turned out good for the first try. I will uploaded some pictures within the hour

And thanks again everyone for you Ideas and input you have changed my life as far and BBQ goes.

Be safe and happy Grilling/Smoking

Last edited:
Glad your first try was a success Smitty! As soon as I can find a pot there will be a mini in my future.

By the way, welcome to the site!! :wsm:

Great job Smitty you're going to love your Mini, they're great little Smokers! Nice first cook too, looks tasty! And welcome to the Forum.

G'day
To make the pot and the lid fit better a strip of aluminium bent and pop riveted to the top of the pot should do. Bending the aluminium into a circle isn't hard. I opened the jaws on my vise an inch and slowly bent into a circle inch by inch. I also used a fork in a tree branch to correct the shape. My pot was oversized and 2 strips brought it back to form a lip for the lid to seal on. Any small leaks were sealed by smoke after a few burns.
Regards dave

Thx. They turned out good for the first try and were tasty. Thank you for the comments everybody. I could not have done this without the support and wisdom for all in this forum.

Good Tip. Thanks for the idea. My pot is undersized. I am not worried my temps are right on ( thx to all). Just the pot has a little run off down the side and it looks ugly. Like I said in my original post, this is a tool and tools get dirty ;-)

Wow, nice mini Smitty and some really nice cooks from it too. Congrats, that's a family heirloom now

Welcome aboard Smitty.
I have the same pot from Germany and it is really undersized.
The lid does not fit. Take a look at this thread: http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?62694-My-SJGMWSM

DSC08791.JPG

DSC08792.JPG

DSC08795.JPG

one of the possible solutions;)

Last edited:

Back