FireButler

Doesn't really say how or why it works, or what it actually does to "butler" the fire.

Also this is your first post?

Todd what do you mean? There vids and cutaways of what it looks like. It is gravity feed and has a griddle and high heat are like a vortex. Quite ingenious actually

It transforms a weber kettle into a gravity feed smoker capable of 10 hrs at smoking temps. It allows you to use the whole diameter of your grate for food not just part of it like most other system s. It aso includes a huge griddle/flattop. And you can configure it for high heat searing/grillung. It is quite versatile.

Jerry,
Welcome to the forum!

To be honest, since your first 9 posts were only about the Fire Butler it did seem that you were trying to stir up interest in the product, its been done before.
As far as I know no one here has it, but a member who used to post here does and seems to like it pretty much.
Here's a link to his first cook using it, and I'm sure there are others on that site:
http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=15751.0

PS, he found that it will not work on a Performer with gas assist.

Hi Bob, I have owned a WSM for over 10 years. I just sold that WSM for 50.00 to a friend. I have a 22 in WSM also In the next few days i will be getting another 18 in WSM that is like new from another friend who is upgrading to a 22 WSM. I also have a portable jumbo Joe with grill grates and a smokey Joe as well as a Stumps. I was a old member of this forum from prob 10 years ago and had to re register as i forgot my password and haven't been active on the forum. You are correct i was stirring up interest as the product is dedicated to the Weber kettle and unique. Some individuals liked the share, some couldn't even comprehend the statement ( it is not my product) and insisted i was Hocking MY product. I see you have many posts under your belt and as you are aware 9 posts on a active thread isnt much and means nothing other than i posted 9 times. There is no hidden meaning lurking just talking gadgets

I see you have many posts under your belt and as you are aware 9 posts on a active thread isnt much and means nothing other than i posted 9 times. There is no hidden meaning lurking just talking gadgets

yeah, I post too much probably :)
My intent wasn't to accuse you of lurking (no law against that) just wanted to clarify why some folks possibly thought you were peddling, since we have seen that on here before.

Sounds like you're well armed with cookers, welcome back!

Made in the USA caught my eye, and it looks like a quality well made product. Pricey... yes, and if I only had a kettle I would love to take one out for a test drive.
I hope they do well.

Tim

yeah, I post too much probably :)
My intent wasn't to accuse you of lurking (no law against that) just wanted to clarify why some folks possibly thought you were peddling, since we have seen that on here before.

Sounds like you're well armed with cookers, welcome back!

NP Bob and Thanks for the welcome

Hi Jerry,

You and I exchanged messages to get your account setup. Glad to see you're online and posting.

Just so you know, we have a policy that prohibits people from posting to promote products they are selling, and it's always suspicious when a new member's first post is a product recommendation. That's why you got some of the comments you got.

I would remind all members to treat each other with respect when posting replies.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks for getting me set up Chris! I was aware of the rule not letting manufacturers or re-sellers from promoting their products. I Have referred to recipes and topics from this forum for many years, it is a great resource. The very first cook i did was the BRITU ribs and they were spot on the first cook. I am always pushing Weber, i should be on payroll...LOL This appears to be a solid product unlike any other for the Weber that is currently out there. If i purchase one i will try to chronicle a video using it and post it

I think I would need to actually see one in action but, it seems like a lot of hoo haw to me. I might be persuaded to give one a try but, like I say, I need to see one in the flesh.
I love gadgets though, I must admit!

Back