Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sous Vide Setup

TVWBB Pro
    The files are now up on Thingiverse for download. Be warned that with the size of the case, I have not allowed room for a fuse holder, so you may want to think about installing an in-line fuse with the AC portion of the wiring. Safety first!

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1405661
    Last edited by WBegg; 03-10-2016 at 10:28 AM.

I'm not an EE, and frankly when I start working with household power I get a little nervous attempting anything without getting someone's approval. So when I go to hook up my SSR is this how I want to do it?

Creator of the MicroDamper - first inline and linear damper
    Blackstone Posse :: KCBS Member

Looks correct.

On the AC switching side of the relay, that red wire in your diagram should be the "hot" wire ie: not the "neutral" wire.

On the DC input side of the relay, the - and + would be the DC 12v - and + from the RJ45 jack from the heatermeter ( GND and BLOW )

Thanks bro

TVWBB Fan
    Yep, what he said. You're good.

If you're used to cars/12volt, you're used to black being negative (-). Remember in the home.. black is the Hot. Or if you want to remember.. black == death/ouch, in general.

Here's mine wired up if it helps you:

http://www.ice8420.com/blog/wp-conte...ontrol-003.jpg

Neutral (white) and ground (green) pass through from end to end. The hot input heads into the SSR and then out to the output.

Thanks Seth, that's one of those things that I forget until I open up a wall receptacle then the black==dead clicks in.

I've been watching for sales on the Anova but it's still too much(over $200 CAD) and I love the idea of the HM doing double duty.

How is the Sous vide going so far? Any downside to the slow cooker being operated the way it does with the HM?

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvin C View Post
    I've been watching for sales on the Anova but it's still too much(over $200 CAD) and I love the idea of the HM doing double duty.

How is the Sous vide going so far? Any downside to the slow cooker being operated the way it does with the HM?
    Probably the only down side with a slow cooker is you're limited by the size (volume). Otherwise, it's been working like a charm.

TVWBB Pro
    If anyone is interested, I'm doing some sous vide steaks, so you can see the temp control here

TVWBB Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvin C View Post

just an FYI....anova is having mothers day special $50 off....$129 USD.....tempting...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast