Cheese Crisp Appetizer: A Tasty Treat You Never Thought Of!

Cam Stone

TVWBB Member
When I was a kid, my mom would sometimes make us one of my favorite treats when we started whining about being hungry. She took a small cube of cheese, dropped it in the frying pan and melted/fried it into crispy goodness.

I decided to take this simple treat and complicate it or, I guess I should say, take it to the next level! In a very big experiment for me, I thought of all the different toppings that might be good on a cheese crisp and it totaled out to about 35 different things such as apples/pears, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, jalapenos, blackberries and even chocolate! I used several different types of cheese too including brie!

So then I spent about a half a day chopping up all the items that I had procured from the store and placed them all in small bowls. I took everything outside, fired up my Mojoe Griddle and set about to trying every possible combination that sounded good to me at the time!

I had too much fun! If you have a flat top and have a party coming up, a cheese crisp appetizer extravaganza will be both highly entertaining and memorable for your guests and extremely yummy to boot!

I made a video of this endeavor and because of all the fun I was having but it turned out to be too much footage so I broke it into two parts. The first part dealing with more savory toppings and the second dealing with sweeter items like fruits and chocolate.

Here are the videos:

Cam

Back