Rotisserie on 22.5

Mac LA

TVWBB Super Fan
Slower day here at the office so started browsing parts I don't need and came across a rotisserie for the 22.5.

Any experience with it from folks on here? I understand it's the least useful mod but doing a turkey on it might be interesting.

I was also looking at the adjustable riborator racks, which seems cool but I only do ribs in 3's (3,6,9 etc..) and it has a 4th rack, would this be an issue?

Thank

Johnny boy!

You can have lots of fun cooking with a rotisserie. You can do a lot more than turkey & chicken.
The Cajun Bandit is the way to go.

You can have lots of fun cooking with a rotisserie. You can do a lot more than turkey & chicken.
The Cajun Bandit is the way to go.

Can I assume you have one?

I'm tempted but setup with the counter weights and such appears to take a small bit of time.

CB would be where I would get this...:yes:

Last edited:
I have a Ribolator, mostly use it on my Silver B but it will fit the 22. I have the CB ring for the WSM 22.5 and it will work on that

I have the weber rotisserie for the 22.5" kettle. Only problem is that the flanges for the kettle and the smoker are reversed. I think I might try to make a gender bender ring so it will work. Then I could use it on either, I would just have to use the kettle's lid.... Hmmm.....

I have the Weber rotisserie for the 22.5. Wish I had the CB - mas fino!
Made one for my 14.5: http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?63237-Made-a-Rotisserie-Ring-for-the-14-5

Setup doesn't take any time at all. After a few uses, it's EZ.

I'll look more into them.

I have a Ribolator, mostly use it on my Silver B but it will fit the 22. I have the CB ring for the WSM 22.5 and it will work on that

Do you have the standard 17inch rack? I'm looking into the expandable version but it seems that the 17 is already pretty close to the ring edge so I'm not sure the expandable will offer any additional benefit besides sizing down.

Really?, I find mine pretty useful, necessary.........no, but useful

Poor choice of words on my part I guess, just mean there are other mods that could be more useful, such as additional ring or ATC.

Agree completely, we use ours a lot. Probably half the time we grill it will be with the rotisserie.

I priced it out and it's like 315 to my door (shipping is 35), hell for that I could almost get another 22. Still debating.

The CB ring works on either due to it's design, you just flip it over

I just don't like that it has holes on both sides.

I know, I know, I'm all over the damn place. lol. Sorry, something I sort of think out loud.

The thing is, I already have friends asking me to cater birthday parties, and other events so not sure if dropping coin on this thing would be worth it vs adding another stack or getting another WSM (after looking at the price of the rotisserie+ ribolator).

I'll update after I think this over, over some IPA's...

16rsit.jpg

ixa610.jpg

rig9au.jpg

263k938.jpg

Some quick pics of some beer can chicken I ran Sat. I was pressed for time so rub coverage is was sub-par imo (also rubbed one more than the other at request).

I really liked the outcome given my time constraints so I think I'm going to pass on the rotisserie for now; might get a ATC to play around with, or add a expansion ring.

"I priced it out and it's like 315 to my door (shipping is 35), hell for that I could almost get another 22. Still debating." $315- Really? Or is that a typo? $315.00 is way too much, I'd shop somewhere else if that's the case. You should be able to find one for about half that.

"I priced it out and it's like 315 to my door (shipping is 35), hell for that I could almost get another 22. Still debating." $315- Really? Or is that a typo? $315.00 is way too much, I'd shop somewhere else if that's the case. You should be able to find one for about half that.

Yes, sir, Steve. $315, that, however, was with a ribolator attachment racks as well.

Back