Napolean Charcoal Kettles

RobertZ

TVWBB Member
Is it sacrilege to ask about a napolean kettle on this website?? i've seen a few napoleon gas grills over the years but never any charcoal grills. today I was at my local green egg dealer & they had a napoleon clone of the weber performer. they have a WSM clone as well. anyone have one of these?

Last edited:
I've read good things on the Napoleon gas grills. I'm not a gasser guy but if I was in the market I would buy a Weber.
The kettle and WSM clone's are copy cats, different in some ways but still a fake and why buy a impostor ( at that price) when you can own an original?

Tim

I'm just curious as to whether anyone has one & what they think of it. I know it's a copy but they actually have some nice features.
tim- what local are you in? I'm in local # 97.

I had a Napoleon Apollo for a while. I bought it from some place back East, but got charged a transaction fee - somehow the money went to Canada. That was a po. It had some nice features. It had a rod in the lid & hooks so you could hang stuff. I liked the handles & latches. You could buy another section (or more) & expand it - I didn't. The powder-coat had runs in it. That kinda bugged me, but figured customer support was in Canada & I was screwed. The grommets for inserting probes were too small. They are made of stainless steel, so you couldn't drill them out - they just spin. It was real leaky. That kinda bugged me. It was huge - not as big as a 22.5 WSM. That was OK by me. I could not get it to heat over 228*, but that was using the water pan. It was a fuel hog. I sold it.... almost had to give it away.

In retrospect & given what I know now, it was probably just fine. I never use water and rarely a diffuser these days, so I think I could have got it to work well.

Last edited:
I'll go to the Arnold Fireside store every once in awhile for rubs and smoke wood, but never for a grill that doesn't say Weber on it. :blackkettle:

Arnold fireside is where I went. they did carry weber at one time. I was told that they carried the weber ranch kettle & that's what I was hoping to see. they also carry yoder smokers. if I can believe what I read after charbroil bought out & cheapened up the Oklahoma joe smokers a disgruntled employee left & started yoders. I'm wanting a horizontal side by side in my stable. I went to a scrap yard yesterday to look for some expanded steel mesh to build some charcoal boxes. no metal but I did find this. it's an older brinkman & while it's not as heavy as the higher end smokers it is heavier ( strong 3/16 ) it is heavier than the new brinkmans. it has surface rust only & the wooden shelves & handles need replaced. I built a fire in it to clean up residual grease. I'll pull the firebox, clean & high heat paint everything, seal &/or gasket whatever needs it, & it should be good to go.
brinkman%20PM.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Nice scrap yard find!
I had a Ranch kettle for a few years, but it was too large for my needs.
Biggest cook on it was 6 slabs of baby backs.
I live off Londell Rd not far from highway 21.

100_3326.JPG

the brinkman was a good find. it will hold me over until I find a used ok. joe longhorn. the 22.5 weber in the background of the photo is going to be converted into a WSM.
bob- a long time ago I lived in beaufort, mo. I have a daughter near you in st clair.

Robert, I live on the outskirts of Arnold, MO, off Lonedell Rd., not Lonedell, MO.
That's why I figured you had gone to Arnold Fireside. :)

Back