Made a Flat Basket for the 14.5 Rotisserie

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
A while ago I made a ring for the 14.5 WSM that would allow the use of a rotisserie.
I bought a basket for it on ebay that was for a Ronco. It was bit small & very flimsy so I decided to make one as I could not find one to purchase.
Ronco basket (maybe it would hold 3 chicken thighs):

PICT1250_zpsao9fjp7n.jpg

Lowes had a deep fryer basket on clearance for the princely sum of $4.98, so I bought it. It was approx 10" in Diameter & 10" tall. Sorry no pix of it.
I cut parts of it up, added a few things here & there, welded it back together & this is the result:

PICT1360_zps0xhwhkr7.jpg

PICT1363_zpsjixrkerd.jpg

It should hold 6 chicken thighs easily or a couple of pork chops or several CSR. I might change a few things on it, but mostly minor stuff. I'm concerned that it may be difficult to clean & rust where it was welded & other places, so I'm going to take it to a local chrome shop & or powdercoater & see what they can do for me. Hope to have it back in a few days & cook something with it.

Last edited:
That thing is SWEET.... but I read flat brisket and came for pictures of brisket flat cooked in a 14.5 :(

:p

I just followed this link off your recent pork chop and apples post... once again gotta say well done. That is really cool, and I don't even know how to weld but I want to make many different baskets for my roti!

Back