Brinkmann Charcoal Pan Availability

Rusty James

TVWBB Emerald Member
Anyone living in or near Hickory, NC can buy one of these pans at Academy Sports for $4.49 (10% deduction for chipped porcelain) for use in their 18.5" WSM. I picked one up today, and they have three left in stock. Don't pay any attention to their web site inventories, because they are notoriously wrong at times.

They had three left in stock (all dinged) after I bought mine.

Mine fits like a glove, but it also fits neatly on top of the original 18.5" WSM water pan.

Would that arrangement be similar to the piedmont pan?

You would want an air space between the bottom of the original pan and the cover pan. If you have that then your golden. if they nest together ( touching at the bottom) then that's the same as using the stock pan. ( just double layered)

Tim

You would want an air space between the bottom of the original pan and the cover pan. If you have that then your golden. if they nest together ( touching at the bottom) then that's the same as using the stock pan. ( just double layered)

Tim

There is air space at the bottom, but there is none at the ledge since the ledge is sitting on the stock pan, so I guess the trapped air *could* pose a problem? Some tin foil shims between the two pans (around the ledge) might be doable.

I think your fine as is and would give it a few cooks and see how it behaves, if not, a few tinfoil balls placed between the bottom of the pans will raise the ledge also.

Tim

Back