How to Upgrade HM software?

JohnBerry

I am sure I am missing it, but is there a "how to" on here that describes the process to upgrade the HM?
Are there any steps to take before upgrading?
Here are the relevant menus that I see. Am I missing anything?

System > Backup/Flash Firmware: Download Backup - do this prior to upgrading. Right?
System > Backup/Flash Firmware: Flash new firmware image: Image URL (.gz): What url is appropriate here?

Linkmeter > AVR Firmware: 3 options, I am assuming Online Repository and the top option? v4.x snapshots/trunk/heatermeter.hex Mon Oct 26 2015 19:10:04 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)

I thought there was a 3rd location but I don't see it now.

Here is some info on my build:
HeaterMeter Information
Version 20150531B
Router Name OpenWrt
Router Model BCM2708
Firmware Version OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09 / LuCI 0.11.1 Release (0.11.1)
Kernel Version 3.3.8

Thanks!!
John

I am sure I am missing it, but is there a "how to" on here that describes the process to upgrade the HM?
Are there any steps to take before upgrading?
Here are the relevant menus that I see. Am I missing anything?

System > Backup/Flash Firmware: Download Backup - do this prior to upgrading. Right?

Sure, it's always good to have a backup of your config.

System > Backup/Flash Firmware: Flash new firmware image: Image URL (.gz): What url is appropriate here?

You have 2 options. The release or the snapshot version. I'd suggest the snapshot version as it's quite stable and has a bunch of new features in it.

release URL:
Code:
http://capnbry.net/linkmeter/release/bcm2708/12/openwrt-rpi.gz

snapshot URL:
Code:
http://capnbry.net/linkmeter/snapshots/bcm2708/openwrt-rpi.gz

Linkmeter > AVR Firmware: 3 options, I am assuming Online Repository and the top option? v4.x snapshots/trunk/heatermeter.hex Mon Oct 26 2015 19:10:04 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)

If you're going to use the snapshot version above, then you can use "v4.x snapshots/trunk/heatermeter.hex", otherwise you should stick to the "v4.x release/bcm2708/12/heatermeter.hex" from Fri Oct 03 2014

I thought there was a 3rd location but I don't see it now.

Here is some info on my build:
HeaterMeter Information
Version 20150531B
Router Name OpenWrt
Router Model BCM2708
Firmware Version OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09 / LuCI 0.11.1 Release (0.11.1)
Kernel Version 3.3.8

Thanks!!
John

How can I find what version I'm on? Been awhile since I've updated my HM. Thanks

Mine is off right now but I know this (HeaterMeter Information Version 20150531B) came from the main Configuration page. The rest of the info I posted was under something like System > Administration (guess).

On the main config screen in the web GUI, you'll see a "HeaterMeter Information" that will tell you the AVR/HeaterMeter version.

To determine the OpenWrt version, go to Status > Kernel Log and look for the "Linux version" line, which will usually be right near the top.

The latest snapshot should show "Wed Sep 30 10:41:32 EDT 2015" as the kernel build timestamp at the end of the line.

Back