3d Printed probe cord wrapper

DavidNP

TVWBB Member
Anyone with the 3d design 'talent' ever create a cord wrapper for probes? Like the ones for headphones but to tidy up temperature probes? Snap the probe and connector, and wind the cable would be ideal....

Something like this or this

I find my 'bbq box'....always tangled up and such with the cables that I think some easy printed parts would be great....

That's one reason why I integrated the probe connections into the roto damper.... so the probes connect down at the damper and there is only one CAT5 cable coming from the RD to the HM, which makes for a neater rig...

That's one reason why I integrated the probe connections into the roto damper.... so the probes connect down at the damper and there is only one CAT5 cable coming from the RD to the HM, which makes for a neater rig...

I think David is referring to a way to tidy up the probes when not use.

This is a good idea, David. I may look into designing something like this when I get the time.

I think David is referring to a way to tidy up the probes when not use.

This is a good idea, David. I may look into designing something like this when I get the time.

Yah, I understand... but my point is, the probe leads reach the RD neatly coming from over the grill down to the input vent with no need to wrap them up, and the CAT5 jack from the RD meets the HM neatly as well. When I used to plug everything into the HM at grill side I had a mess of braided cable that was more frustrating. The cables like to kink up and catch on each other and are a general PITA if you try to bail them together, so i've become fond of cables that get from point A to point B at just the right length (like the shorter cables on ThermoWorks probes), it makes for a very neat setup...

Did a rough design of an idea. Still probably need to sink the spool down into the body, and add some sort of adjustable clasp for the jack.

I'm designing around the 6 ft. Maverick high temp food probe.

Still needs alot work. Once I have a proof of concept, I'll post the files.

vCnLWgv.jpg

Last edited:
'cord wrap' search in thingiverse results in approximately 100 million results (estimated)
take yer pick.
I have boxes of 10k rubber bands with a little christmas tree doohicky that allows you to secure the band to itself easier (you don't have to twist & pass the next loop over the bundle to be secured, you just wrap however many times it takes to be tight, then pass the end of the loop over the christmas tree).

Did a rough design of an idea. Still probably need to sink the spool down into the body, and add some sort of adjustable clasp for the jack.

I'm designing around the 6 ft. Maverick high temp food probe.

Still needs alot work. Once I have a proof of concept, I'll post the files.

vCnLWgv.jpg

nice start.....IMO, would be ideal to be more 'universal' for most types of probes....maybe something where the probe 'snaps' into place (a few different snap/connectors sizes to support different thickness/types of probes)....I'm going to attempt something as well one day (starting to learn fusion360).

Back