Fan for BGE?

PaulFisher

TVWBB Super Fan
Hey all, I originally built my HM for my WSM and I have the standard blower fan that attached to the vent of the WSM. Does anyone know what blower fan/attachment I need to buy to make it for for a BGE? Thanks

Me too, I'm using the standard fan on my Large Egg. Im using version 2 of the 3D Barrel Fan mounted to a piece of Aluminum square tubing welded to another piece of Aluminum.

Not to de-rail the conversation...But do you need a fan for the BGE? I'm a Primo user with little experience with the BGE. The Primo will run 15hrs no problem without any temp change. I figured the BGE can do the same.

I've seen two advantages with a fan on the BGE. First is that it will get you to your target temp more quickly. Second is that it will help with recovery or quick adjustments (such as setting up to finish a reverse sear). You're correct that the ceramic cooker won't need much attention to hold a given temp, and a good servo/damper system is more than enough for the slight adjustments necessary - thus the suggestion by Ralph and others to use the "on at max only" setting for the fan in certain applications.

Back