Any blower design that allows temp probes over cat5?

DPackham

TVWBB Member
I would like to put my smoker in the smokehouse in my backyard and connect the blower AND probes local to it with a cat 5 and run to my HM in the house. I have made the HM mods to put the temp probes onto the cat5 jack on the HM. now is there a blower assembly that combines the blower AND temp probes? the cheaper probes BTW...

Depending on what you want. I Designed the board that goes into the Rotodamper, along with Ralph. The adapter board can work without the Rotodamper and will allow upto 2 meat probes and the thermocouple. I have also some modified heatermeters that will allow 3 meat probes and the thermocouple to be on a 9-wire Din cable.

But, using a regular heatermeter and Cat5 cable your max meat probes will be 2 as they need their own ground wire in the Cat5 cable, along with the thermocouple, to minimize the noise.

You can hand wire standard probes to send through the CAT5 cable easily (up to 3). I posted details in the RD thread as I worked them out and there is a suggested wiring diagram on page 39 (I think its 39). Feel free to shoot me an email at rotodamper@hotmail.com if you have questions.

Back