Weber S-330 CG find!

D. Solis

So was working on cleaning up my E310 (2010) and noticed that the cookbox was pretty much eaten away and sadly noticed a fist sized whole on one of the side. Weber support is aboslutely awesome and they are promptly sending me a new cookbox.

At the same time though I noticed that the frame is really rusting bad along the back wall and bottom back frame. Unfortunately Weber I believe really wants way too much money for these parts (I believe it was ~75 for each side panel and ~125 for the back panel (not sure what the bottom panel and actual frame costs)

So I decided to check out Craigslist and see if someone was selling an old E310 model I can grab the frame off of and noticed someone was selling an s330 for 300 bucks. Decided what the hell, let me go take a look! Low and behold the only part missing are the flavorizer bars. Apparently either the owner threw them out or they never came in the box when he built, as he was completely baffled when I told him he was missing a few pieces. He decided to knock down the price to 200 dollars and sooooold!!!

Heres a few pics of my new baby right after getting home...gonna put a little elbow grease and Bar Keepers Friend to see what she looks like under that dirt and grime today...my guess is shes brand spanking new and what looks like rust isnt...., probably only has 20 cooks max and only 2 years old!

So I guess once i get the replacement cookbox,im going to have 2 relatively new Weber Genesis grills! (Weber also send me new Burner tubes for my old E310) Is it greedy to keep 2 grills??

https://goo.gl/photos/7Lm9ufthhZD64VsH9

Edit* Dont know why the pictures didnt pop-up so just linked to the album

Last edited:
You'll love your S330. I just bought a new one for five times the price you paid. The only thing I plan to do to mine is:

Replace the wheels, I hate the wheels on it
When the flavor bars wear out, I'll replace them with after market thicker ones

Which wheels do you recommend?

You'll love your S330. I just bought a new one for five times the price you paid. The only thing I plan to do to mine is:

Replace the wheels, I hate the wheels on it
When the flavor bars wear out, I'll replace them with after market thicker ones

Haven't decided yet, but probably some sort of casters from Home Depot (tool box type) won't need to do it until summer when the need to move the BBQ out of the sun to cook is necessary. If you get a chance, post a pic of your wheels, you may not have the problem I have, I think I read that the type wheels I have were only recently introduced

Harbor Freight has some pretty cool casters. Some with inflatable tires. Oughta make your new find ride nice and cushy ;-)

Back