(PICS) My "New" Old Weber Genesis Silver B

JJackson

TVWBB Member
This is the other CL find I got, along with an older Weber redhead. It's obviously newer and a Silver. Maybe a B? I don't know the differences yet. It did NOT have an ID sticker under the control panel. And the stickers inside the cabinet were too faded or shredded. Anyone know the year and/or the exact model?

Kind of the same story as the other one: I've wiped it down mostly. The previous owner said he cleaned it inside and out, then painted the end caps, inside lid, and halfway down the firebox (about to the burners) with high-heat spray paint (flat). I hope that hasn't ruined it, or even made it harder to properly clean.

IMG_1721_zpskuakupub.jpg

IMG_1722_zpscfmepvup.jpg

IMG_1723_zpsayoqsnjb.jpg

IMG_1725_zpsbiozbwk3.jpg

Didn't come with flavorizer bars. The burners and pan look good.

IMG_1724_zpsmijr1ggg.jpg

I like these grates a lot better than the hollow PCI grates that came with the redhead. Very heavy and not chipped, although super gunky. How does everyone clean these without chipping the coating? I used both a plastic and a brass grill brush, after letting grill cleaner sit on it. Nothing.

To clean the grates, try a long, flat out, high heat burn. Cook pizzas if you wish.

Most of the crud will burn to powder if it gets enough heat.

I got an old set of those grill grates on the purchase of a used Genesis and mine have rust which indicate to me the Porcelain has worn off, if you don't have rust I won't get to aggressive you want to save that porcelain coating. If the porcelain is intact you can soak them in hot, soapy water and use a plastic scraper. I just won't get to aggressive with any metal brushes. Just my 2 cents.

I have some SS grate as well and the PCI insert for the Kettle grill. I like both PCI and SS just depends on the use and SS is best for ease of cleaning because you can get very aggressive on them.

Back